Monday Morning Memo
St. Mary of the Assumption School
November 22, 2021
Note from the Principal
It is Thanksgiving Week! On Wednesday we will have our annual Grandparent's Day Mass and reception. Please see below for details. Wednesday is also a 12:30 dismissal with no aftercare.
Our next day back in school will be Tuesday November 30th. Please note the calendar change of no school on Monday November 29th for the Superintendent's Holiday.
I am thankful for each student, staff member, and parent/guardian that makes our community such a wonderful place to be. I hope you have a relaxing break and enjoy good food with good company.
We will be kicking off a Toy Drive when we return from Thanksgiving break. Please contact Mrs. Campbell with any questions.
Have a great week!
December Hot Lunch
Please be on the look out for the December Hot Lunch form, which will go out this week and be due back by Monday November 29th. All families that purchased lunch for Monday November 29th will receive a one lunch credit due to the Superintendent's Holiday.
2022-2023 Tuition, Financial Aid, and Re-Enrollment
A few key upcoming dates for returning families:
December 1st: Deadline for Financial Aid applications for the 2022-2023 school year
December 1st-January 31st: Re-enrollment period in TADS
January 31st: Deadline for current students to re-enroll for the upcoming year prior to opening spots to new families
Track it Forward- Here is the link for entering your Parent Service Hours. If you have any questions, please email our Hours Recorder, Mary Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Omar Q. Wilkins at email@example.com.
This Wednesday is our annual Grandparent's Day Mass at 10AM. We will celebrate a special Thanksgiving Mass for our grandparents which will be followed by short performances from our Pre-K3 through 3rd grades and a light reception.
We understand that many grandparents and family members will be coming from out of town and will not have had the opportunity to be Virtus-certified. Therefore, we will be welcoming all family members, regardless of Virtus status, to attend this event. This will require very specific procedures, and your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
The following will apply to all school visitors on Wednesday November 24th:
- Visitors should park in the back and side parking lots and enter through the gym lobby doors after 9:30 AM. No visitors will be permitted through other entrances or to leave the gym and enter the hallways of the school.
- Visitor seating (in the bleachers) will be separated from student seating . If you require seating on the floor due to physical restrictions, please contact Mrs. Lewis or Mrs. Campbell ahead of time so we can make those arrangements.
- If possible, visitors are asked to refrain from using the restroom during our celebration (approx ~45-50 minutes). However, should the restroom be needed, a Virtus-certified staff member will escort you to and from the FLC restrooms.
- At the conclusion of our celebration, visitors will be asked to walk through the exterior gym doors to the FLC for light refreshments and a reception.
- Grandparents or other family members that wish to sign out a student for early release can do so from the FLC reception. Please note that in order to sign out a student, the adult must be listed in TADS as an authorized person for pick-up.
*Mrs. Campbell is collecting pictures for a slideshow that will play at the reception. Please send pictures of your children with their grandparents to firstname.lastname@example.org*