May 1, 2022
- TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK - Mon., 5/2- Fri., 5/6
- Yearbook Club - Mon., 5/2, 4:00-5:00 pm in Rm 145
- Chess & Board Games Club - Mon., 5/2, 4:15-5:15 pm in Rm 145
- Compass College Night - Tues., 5/3, 6:00-7:30 pm in Rm 140 (see below)
- College Speaker Series - Wed., 5/4 (see below)
- Compass Cares Event for Project Linus - Thurs., 5/6, 4:00-6:00 pm in Rm 140 (see below)
- Compass End-of-Year Celebration - Fri., 5/13, 4:00-8:00 pm in Rm 140/courtyard (see below)
- Last Day of School for Seniors - Thurs., 5/19
- D303 Graduation - Mon., 5/23 at NIU Convocation Center
- Final Exams for periods 1, 2, and 7 at East/North - Mon., 5/23 (Students who attend Compass full-time have a regular attendance day)
- Regular Attendance Days at Compass - Tues., 5/24 and Wed., 5/25
REGISTER TO ATTEND COMPASS COLLEGE NIGHT THIS TUESDAY!
COMPASS CARES - HELP MAKE BLANKETS FOR PROJECT LINUS THIS THURSDAY!
All students, parents, and family members are invited to help make blankets for Project Linus this Thursday during our Compass Cares event from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the Community Room. Student volunteers have been learning to knit and crochet in preparation for our Compass Cares event, which will culminate this Thursday with the completion of as many blankets as possible, including hand-tied (no sew) blankets. In case you aren't aware, Project Linus is a nonprofit organization with these two goals: 1) provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through gifts of new handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers," and 2) provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children. Come out and support this very worthwhile cause! Students who participate will earn community service hours, which may count toward an elective credit.
THE COMPASS ACADEMY END-OF-YEAR CELEBRATION - RSVP NOW!
SPEAKER SERIES - COLLEGE REP EDITION
Is your student considering attending a liberal arts college? Are they unsure of what to expect at college or wondering what opportunities exist for students at liberal arts schools? If so, please encourage your student to take advantage of this week's opportunity to talk directly with a college representative and ask any questions they might have.
- Wednesday (5/4), 12:30-1:15 pm: Carin Smith, Beloit College (REGISTER HERE)
COMPLETE YOUR DAILY LUNCH ORDER, OR COMPLETE YOUR ENTIRE ORDER FOR THE WEEK, BY CLICKING THE BOX BELOW AND MAKING YOUR SELECTION BY 9:45 A.M. MONDAY MORNING.
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE COMPASS NURSE
Parents/Guardians: Please arrange to pick up your child's medication from the health office by the last day of school. Medication left behind after the last day of school will be promptly discarded/destroyed per pharmacy and state health care standards. Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact the Compass Academy nurse, Jennifer Jones, RN, at 331-228-2780 if you have any questions or concerns about this.
JOB SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES IN ST. CHARLES - CONTINUING THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER!
Many Compass Academy students are actively engaged in shadowing in this program, and others have already completed their experience. If your student hasn't taken advantage of this opportunity yet, encourage them to do so. In the city's career pathway job shadow program, Compass students can shadow people in many career fields, including engineering, communications, accounting, firefighting, law enforcement, construction, and vehicle maintenance. THE CITY HAS EXTENDED THIS PROGRAM SO THAT STUDENTS CAN PARTICIPATE DURING THE SUMMER, an opportunity to be exposed to various careers of interest while also earning credit at Compass!
Interested students should complete the Registration Form and return it to Ms. Ohlson at Compass Academy.