Trailridge Parent Update
NOVEMBER 18, 2020
Note from the Admin Team!
Greetings Wildcat Families,
Learning models this year has presented our building with some odd scenarios as it pertains to substitute teachers. Because of a variety of factors, each staff absence is unique to the way substitute teachers must cover for a class. We think it is important to have a standard protocol for students as we encounter teacher absences.
- Please know that some daily subs do NOT have access to the teacher's WebEx classrooms. So, it is important for students to check Canvas each hour - especially if they find themselves waiting in a WebEx lobby for an extended period of time.
- Canvas will house any updated directions for the day if a substitute teacher is teaching class that particular day. In cases such as this, there will be an important message for your student that will help them navigate to the appropriate WebEx space, assignment, asynchronous activity, or work-around.
Thank you for helping us navigate this unusual year!
Matt and Jeanette
EVEN WHEN WE ARE REMOTE, IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP US INFORMED OF ANY ILLNESS.
Attendance Line: 913 993-1012
If you call in your student as ill, the nurse will be contacting you for more information.
Absent due to being Quarantined?
IF HYBRID, the student should:
- log into their classes on their in-person days.
- log into Wildcat Hour and access Canvas the rest of the day on their "at home" days.
- log into each of their classes on Fridays (remote day).
IF REMOTE, the student should
- log into each of their classes every day as usual.
If the student is too ill to log into classes, please make sure to contact the attendance clerk so they will not be marked absent.
Our Order Code is: 53439GB
We will be scheduling an additional picture day for students who missed being able to take their yearbook picture. Watch for information.
We want to send a big thank you to our fabulous PTA for organizing the food truck to come to Trailridge the night of conferences. We truly appreciate our amazing parents who donated money to provide dinner on a very busy day! The dinner for staff was delicious. We are grateful for all the support we get from our Trailridge families. Thank you!!
Or feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Masks should be worn over nose and mouth.
- Please make sure your MacBook is charged when you come to school on your in-person days.
- Phones should be off during class and kept in the student's backpack.
- Earbuds should be stored in backpack and only used when teachers ask students to do so.
- Please follow dress code (no crop tops or hats)
- Hoods should not be worn while in school.
Please Help us Acknowledge our Staff!
Student Services Team
As we start a new quarter, it’s important to reflect on how first quarter went so that you can make any changes that will help you be more successful moving forward. There were many changes present in first quarter that created challenges for some of our students. Here are a few general tips for being a successful student:
- Ask for help! Email or chat your teacher when you don’t understand an assignment rather than just not doing it and earning a zero.
- Break an assignment down into smaller chunks when it starts to feel unmanageable. As you complete each smaller part, cross it off so that you can see your progress.
- Keep yourself organized, both electronically and with your paper assignments. Your mind will be much more relaxed if you know where to go to find your work instead of scrambling to find it.
As always, please feel free to reach out to your Trailridge Student Services Team to discuss specific concerns: https://sites.google.com/smsd.org/tmsstudentservices/home?authuser=1
MRS. JOHNSRUD, 7th grade Counselor
MRS. WARNER, 8th grade Counselor
MRS. CANADY, Social Worker
Browse our padlet for Johnson County Resources:
Johnson County Christmas Bureau
Johnson County residents who are struggling to keep food on the table and pay bills, may apply for an appointment to visit our Holiday Shop. Families may receive groceries, coats, personal care items and holiday gifts for children ages 0 to 12. Anyone is welcome to apply; JCCB will determine/notify those who qualify. The shop will be curbside pickup only.
Application link here
From Our Food Service
FREE meals are offered to ALL students regardless if they are learning remote, hybrid, or in person. This includes breakfast and lunch meals. Students will receive their in-person meals at no cost during the days they are in school. Any extra ala carte purchases the students make will require money to be on their food service account.
Remote meals pick up are on Fridays from 6:30-7:45 a.m.
Please contact the Food Service office with questions at (913)993-9710 or email@example.com.
The school breakfast & lunch menus, remote meal information and other nutrition information are available on the district’s website at https://www.smsd.org/about/departments/food-service.
STILL APPLY FOR FREE/REDUCED MEALS . . .
We encourage families to continue to apply for free and reduced meals in the event the funding is no longer available by clicking here. Qualifying may allow for other support through the district so it is important to continue to apply for free and reduced meals.
Our PTA is very active in supporting students and staff at Trailridge through grants, assemblies, student activities and celebrations, and more and while our events and activities will undoubtedly look different this school year, our commitment to supporting our students, staff, and families is as strong as ever! Please consider joining and getting involved in your Trailridge PTA as we find new and creative ways to support our students, staff, and families in 2020/2021!
PTA Citizenship Writing Contest
Calling all Trailridge Students!
The PTA Citizenship Writing Contest is here and this year's theme is “Caring for My Community Looks Like...” Students of all grades and abilities may participate and experience this year's theme via an essay or poetry.
This year's submission will look a little different from what you are used to so please be sure to fill in the Google Form below so I can send you information about how to submit your entry.
Please be sure to do the following:
CLICK HERE and fill out a four-question Google Form.
CLICK HERE to view Participant Rules
CLICK HERE to view and fill in the fillable Entry Form.
This must be filled in its entirety complete with student AND guardian signatures, this is very important- I can assist with getting electronic signatures if needed.
Once completed, please save the entry form to your MacBook to submit with your entry.
Submission Due Date: December 11th 2020
The Trailridge PTA cannot wait to see your entries.