Mrs. Fobbe's Class
Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary words: responsibility, cooperate, behavior
- Comprehension strategy making connections
In reading, we have been working on building our read to self, word work, and writing stamina. We made it to 14 minutes and our goal is 15, getting closer. :) On Friday, we took our first reading test and had fun reading in the dark with our flashlights. In writing, we have been talking about how our sentences need to start with a capital, end with a punctuation mark and have spaces between words.
Mr. Kuklok came in to read to our class. He read us the stories Rosie Revere, Engineer and Ada Twist, Scientist. After reading both stories we created circle maps about an engineer and a scientist. The students did a fantastic job. I know we are going to be great engineers and scientists this year. :)
- Practiced using a ten frame
- Spatial Patterns (Dot patterns on dice or dominoes)
- Greater than and less than
- Rolling dice and making addition number sentences
- If your child is not wearing tennis shoes to school please make sure they have some in their backpack for gym.
- Any forms from open house (blue, purple and pink) need to be turned in ASAP! The purple one is for field trips!!