First Day of School
Together We: Learn, Grow, Lead
Greeting Students At the Door
Admin Phone Numbers
Shawn - (804) 387-0003
Resource Schedule - First day only
Kindergarten has regular resource schedule on first day.
Grades 1 - 5
- Drop students off at the gym for the start of resource
- You will pick students up from their scheduled resource class
Bell rings at 3:00 pm
READ ALL BULLET POINTS BELOW:
- All teachers and staff MUST have radios on them prior to dismissal and throughout dismissal.
- Channel 2 for "mini" radios.
- Channel 5 for large radios.
- Daycare vans and parent pick-up will be dismissed at 3:00 pm.
- Students remain in their classrooms until their bus is called.
- Buses will be called over the radio as they arrive at Grange Hall.
- Students are expected to exit the classroom and head directly to the bus loop and their assigned bus.
- Teachers are expected to stay at their door to encourage hallway stragglers and direct their students accordingly.
- Marc, Shawn, and Courtney will be on the bus loop.
- Resource teachers will be in the main hallway and at parent pick-up.
- Fifth grade students will be sent to Kindergarten classrooms by 2:50 on the first day of school.
- Kindergarten teachers should match 5th grade student with K students on the same bus.
- Check your class transportation doc against the school doc by 10:00 am on Tuesday.
- At 10:00 am - an assigned GHES staff member will come by your class to confirm all transportation.
- Teachers MUST teach and test the kids on bus numbers during the first day.
- Kids can no longer be dependent on teacher to tell them when/where to get on.
- Kids need to take responsibility for that.
Walkie-Talkie (radio) etiquette:
- Address the person you are speaking with by name.
- Take finger off the button and wait for a response.
- Do not interrupt a conversation. Wait till radio channel is clear to proceed.
*An announcement will be made when all buses have departed*
Tune in on Facebook on our Grange Hall Elementary page as Mrs. Jones reads a bedtime story at 7pm the night before school starts!