AUGUST 12 - AUGUST 19
15 - Kinder Tears & Cheers 8-8:30 a.m
01 - Olson Chic Fil A Spirit Day
05 - Student/Staff Holiday
12 - PTA Chipotle Spirit Day
** Breakfast - Please let your child's teacher know if they plan to purchase a breakfast in the morning. We want to be able to verify that all students make it through the breakfast line.
*If you arrive after the tardy bell, you will need to come into the school to check-in your child.
*Must have proper ID to check into the building.
*Please send water bottles with your student.
*Mondays - Olson Spirit Wear
*Fridays - Allen, Olson, College Spirit Wear
ATTENDANCE TIPS FROM MRS. ROSALES
When your student is absent there are a few pieces of information we need for our records.
What needs to be included in an absent note:
● Child’s first and last name
● Date(s) the student was absent
● Reason why they were absent
Options to submit absences:
· Preferred Method: Submit absence through Skyward- see graphic below for step-by-step instructions at bottom of page. *Currently, you are not able to submit doctor’s notes in Skyward, so please submit to the office.
· Email our registrar with the information above. Registrar: Terri Rosales firstname.lastname@example.org
· Student may bring a note from home within 3 days of their return to school. If not turned in within the 3-day window, absences will be counted as unexcused.
● Absences due to travel are not excused absences, they are counted as unexcused unless it’s to attend a funeral.
● If a student is absent for illness 5 or more consecutive days, a doctor’s note must be provided for those days to be excused.
● When students come in late to school or check out early due to dentist or doctor appointments please provide a doctor’s note to excuse the partial day absence.
Allen ISD Health & Safety Guidelines
2022-2023 Health and Safety Guidelines - Allen ISD looks forward to welcoming all students back to school for the 2022-2023 school year. The district will continue to monitor the guidance of local, county, and state health agencies to ensure we find an appropriate balance of health and safety procedures that afford us the opportunity to also ensure high levels of student learning. Allen ISD’s health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the 2022-2023 school year are located on the district website. These protocols are subject to change based upon additional Texas Education Agency guidance.
Dress Code Reminders
Dress Code Reminders
- At no time should undergarments be visible.
- Torn or ripped clothing above mid-thigh, where skin is visible, is prohibited.
- Boxer shorts, pajamas, or other sleepwear as outerwear are prohibited - except on approved occasions.
- Tank tops, tube tops, halters, midriffs, backless tops, spaghetti straps, spandex/leotard tops, off the shoulder tops, or low cut tops are prohibited.
- Shirts must be long enough to cover the waistband of pants, skirts, or shorts even when arms are raised over the student’s head.
- Shorts, skirts, tunics, skorts, or dresses must reach mid-thigh or longer.
- Pants must be naturally fitting at the waist and at the crotch. Pants may not sag or bag at the waist or drag on the ground.
- Stretch pants, yoga pants and leggings must be worn with a shirt that covers the undergarment area.
- Hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, visors, or other head coverings are prohibited.
- Religious head wear IS accepted and acknowledged at school.
Contacting the Counselor, Mrs. Oliver
Hi, my name is Nicole Oliver, I am Olson’s School Counselor. I can be reached via phone or email, at 972-562-1800 or Nicole.Oliver@allenisd.org. I am available to students for a variety of needs and they are welcome to see me any time they need. I am also available to help parents. Please reach out to me any time with questions or concerns.
HELLO FROM PTA
Here's a cheat sheet for staying connected, supporting your school/PTA & getting involved this year:
- To join the Olson PTA Facebook Group, visit this link
- To find your grade level specific Facebook Group, visit this link
- To join the PTA, visit this link**
- To see your 2022-2023 Olson PTA team, visit this link
- To volunteer for school festivities, visit this link
- To browse our our Spirit Shop, visit this link**
- To support the PTA's Staff Appreciation efforts, visit this link
- To see upcoming events, visit this link
- To passively support your school/PTA via retail rewards, visit this link
- To make a donation to support the PTA, visit this link**
**You'll have to log in to Membership Toolkit for this (which is helpful/necessary for all PTA purchases)
Next Spirit Shop Order Deadline: Friday, 8/19
Check out the Spirit Shop! We’ve got vibrant new field trip shirts and a slew of “vintage” options too.
*Note: The PTA orders/delivers Spirit Shop items MONTHLY and distributes purchases to classrooms. Teachers then send them home in your student's backpack.
Any orders placed between 7/8 and 8/19 will be delivered 9/5. Questions/suggestions may be directed to email@example.com.
Thanks for your PTA patronage!
OTTER CHEERS FOR VOLUNTEERS
From the PTA President: THANK YOU to the dozens of adults & students that helped Deck the Halls of the entire school for 3 days before the year began. All of the staff were so appreciative! *Want to get in on the fun? Fill out a Volunteer Interest Form!
From the PTA VP Fundraising: THANK YOU to the handful of volunteers that spent 5 hours delivering 234 pre-ordered school supply packs to classrooms and 5 more hours sorting/folding/delivering 194 pre-ordered field trip shirts.
You set so many students up for success! *Want to get in on the fun? Fill out a Volunteer Interest Form!
Join the Olson PTA on Remind
Join the Olson PTA on Remind to stay up-to-date with all the PTA happenings! Text @olsonpta to 81010
PTA Membership Benefits
Did you know that in addition to supporting the staff, students & families at Olson, PTA members also get ALL of these benefits? Get your savings on!
Here’s a link to learn more and join.
Operation Keep the Lost & Found Small this Year
Need labels for your water bottles, backpacks, clothing, etc.? If you search "Olson Elementary PTA" at this link before shopping at Mabel's Label's, it's a double win! You get labels so your kiddos don't lose their things AND support the PTA that supports their school!
Spirit Event @ Chipotle 9/12
Chipotle is generously donating 33% of proceeds on 9/12/22 from 4-8pm to the Olson PTA! Sign-up for a free Facebook event reminder here.
*Is your business interested in partnering for a Spirit Event?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
7:30 - 4:00 M - TH
7:30 - 3:30 F