Seagoville Quarterly Newsletter
Fourth Quarter 2021
Seagofest 2021 September 30 - October 3, 2021
UT Southwestern Mobile Mammogram October 12, 2021
Seagoville Police Department Drug Take Back October 23, 2021
On October 23, 2021 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, your Seagoville Police Department in conjunction with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will host an event focused on removing potentially dangerous prescription medications from our nation’s medicine cabinets.
The event known as the National Drug Take-Back Program will provide residents with a safe means of disposing of expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceutical / prescription medications along with other medication by turning them over to Law Enforcement officers for proper disposal.
This one day event, which is held twice a year helps bring national focus to the issue of prescription medication and controlled substance abuse. The program provides an opportunity for Law Enforcement to partner with their community and collaborate with DEA and establish a safe collection site.
Wal-Mart Super Center 220 N. US Highway 175
October 23, 2021from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
For more information on this event, contact Sergeant Tim Talley at 972-287-2999, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Movie In The Park - October 23, 2021 - Lion King
Free burgers chips and a drink for the first 250 people provided by In-N-Out Burger.
10 Below Snow will be on site selling shaved ice.
The City of Seagoville recommends face coverings and observance of social distancing protocols of 6 feet.
Patrons are encouraged to bring their picnic baskets, lawn chairs, and blankets.
No E-Z up canopies please.
KEEP SEAGOVILLE BEAUTIFUL 15TH ANNUAL ARBOR DAY CELEBRATION - SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2021
Mark your calendar! This Fall the Keep Seagoville Beautiful Commission will offer the Seagoville Community a modified Arbor Day Event. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic face coverings are recommended and social distancing protocols will be followed throughout the event. Planning is still underway and we will keep you updated on the event details as they are confirmed.
- This year's event modifications include the elimination of interactive activities and presentations.
- Participants will need to load their own purchases as we will not have student volunteers this year.
- We are offering bedding plants and shrubs that are well adapted to North Texas for $3.00 each.
- Plant sales will begin at 10:00 am until 1:00 pm or while supplies last
Coming to a neighborhood near you!
National Night Out is dedicated to the development and promotion of various crime prevention programs including neighborhood watch groups, business groups, civic groups, and individuals devoted to safer communities.
The mission statement of the Seagoville Police Department is to develop and promote partnerships within these various groups and organizations for a safer community.
In an effort to develop these partnerships, several area crime watch groups within the City of Seagoville are gathering on Tuesday October 5th, 2021 throughout the city from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The common goal of each of these groups is to promote safer neighborhoods, community awareness, and relationships with their local Law Enforcement and City Leaders.
Officers, Council Members, and City Leaders will make an appearance at each of the locations in order to meet with the citizens in each group.
Senior Citizens Housing - 205 Mathis 6:00 PM
The Villas of Seagoville - 1000 E. Malloy Bridge 6:00 PM
Kids Place – 1500 North Highway 175 6:00 PM
Farview @ Katie Court 6:00 PM
Glenn Rd. 6:00 PM
If you would like to start a crime watch on your block or in your neighborhood please contact Sergeant Tim Talley. Phone number: (972) 287-6813 email: email@example.com.
City of Seagoville FY2022 Fee Schedule
Please follow this link to view the FY2022 Fee Schedule
Dates To Remember
- Monday, October 11, 2021 - City Hall, Library and Senior Center closed in observance of Columbus Day.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - City Hall, Library and Senior Center closed in observance of Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 25 through Sunday, November 28, 2021 - City Hall, Library and Senior Center closed in observance of Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 24 through Sunday, December 26, 2021 - City Hall, Library and Senior Center closed in observance of Christmas
- Friday, December 31 through Sunday, January 3, 2022 - City Hall, Library and Senior Center closed in observance of New Year's