Sevier students and families,
It is exciting to think that we will welcome all of our Face to Face learners back to campus for the first time in several months. We understand that for some, while this is very exciting, it can also be a time of anxiousness. Below we have tried to outline some things students and families can expect as well as some helpful hints. We are thrilled to have everyone back and look forward to the sense of normalcy that will bring.
RCL students we hope you are continuing to learn and engage from home. We miss having you at school and hope to see you soon!
Once again, thank you to ALL of our families for the support and encouragement you have given to our students during these unprecedented times. It truly has been a team effort over these last few months and we appreciate all that you have done and will continue to do!
Proud to be a Warrior!
What to Expect
- We will have adults checking temperatures in the morning as students arrive. If a student's temp is above 100 on the first check we will ask them to wait in the car for a few minutes and recheck the temp. If a bus rider's temp is above 100 we will ask them to wait in the clinic for a recheck.
- Doors open at 7:00 and you can come in any time after that. Please allow a little extra time with temperature screening. Students should be in their classroom, ready to go at 7:45.
- 6th graders will wait in the auditorium in the mornings and then move to the cafeteria if they are eating breakfast.
- 7th and 8th graders will wait in the gym and get breakfast in the gym.
- Students will be required to wear a mask during the day with the expectation of PE, band, and lunch.
- Car riders will be dismissed at the front of the building and bus riders are dismissed to the bus stop at the back of the building.
- Bring a water bottle that can be refilled. Our refilling stations are open, but the actual water fountains are off to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
- Be sure you have your own supplies (pencil, pen, calculator). We will not share supplies this year in an effort to stop the spread of the virus.
- Only use backpack if needed and bring only items you will use in the classroom. We will not be utilizing lockers this year to encourage social distancing in the hallways.
- Students will be asked to walk on the right when in the hall. This should help with social distancing.
- Helpful link for KCS Data Dashboard--https://www.k12k.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=346090&type=d&pREC_ID=2035368&tota11y=true
- Remember to wear your mask.
Traffic Flow Info...
- All car riders should be dropped off in the front of the building. The back entrance is for bus drop-off only.
- We will have several temperature takers out front in the mornings and will need to use the entire sidewalk in front of the building for drop-off to help prevent a large back up in the street. Please pull as far down the sidewalk as the nearest available temperature checker. This may mean you will need to pull all the way down to the make-shift stop sign (stop sign in a traffic cone). We will direct you, but keep in mind to pull as far forward as the line allows. Also be patient with us as we revise the process once we see how things will actually flow.
- Remember Wateree St. is a one way street in the mornings after 7:00. You will need to turn right out of our parking lot onto Wateree St. after you drop your student off.
- Please remember the speed limit as we have several students that walk or ride bikes to school. Safety is our top priority.
- All car rider pick up is in the front of the building. Again the back of the building is for buses only.
- Catawba St. is a one way street in the mornings and afternoons. Please adhere to this as it allows for our buses to maneuver the narrow streets and keep routes running on time.
- Please remember the speed limit as we have several students that walk or ride their bike home in the afternoon. We want to keep everyone safe.
Calling all Journalists....
Any student interested in writing articles, taking pictures, and learning about journalism should be sure to apply. The deadline is Friday, September 25.
To complete the application, follow the link below:
Football City Championship
As a reminder please read carefully as some of these procedures are new.
1) For football games, gates open at 5:30. Varsity Game starts at 6:00.
2) Temperature checks will be completed for all spectators who enter the gate. Only one entrance will be used for the game. Social distancing should be practiced while in line and those workers taking temperatures will direct people entering.
3) Masks must be worn at all times by all spectators. You will not be admitted without a mask and masks will not be provided. Purchases cannot be made at the concession stand without a mask.
4) Tickets are $5 for adults and $2 for students.
5) No one under the age of 14 will be admitted without a parent. This policy has been in place for a couple of years at Sevier. Please note that DB will also be implementing this policy for DB home games.
6) All spectators will be asked to remain seated. Students and children will not be allowed to roam the halls or breezeways. If you cannot follow these procedures, you will be asked to leave.
7) Seating needs to be done with social distancing in mind. Failure to do so could result in limits put in place on how many people can enter.
- Sept. 25--The Sequoyah Scribe application deadline
- Sept. 25--Order form and money due for t-shirt orders
- Sept. 30--Last day to submit a Flu Shot form
- Oct. 2--Deadline to complete the form to request to move from Face to Face to RCL or RCL to Face to Face for the second nine weeks.