Campo Verde High School - Class of 2021
May 10, 2021
Baccalaureate: A moment Worth Experiencing
Baccalaureate is a tradition that stems from England in the mid-1400s, where graduates from the prestigious Oxford University gathered to reflect upon their educational journey. While it was originally a religious ceremony in the United States, it has evolved into a non-denominational service where graduates can reflect upon their thirteen-year journey in one of their last moments together as a class.
Graduation day itself is a very full day, full of emotions and events, and attended by family and friends. Because graduation is often a whirlwind that is over before we even realize it has begun, baccalaureate becomes a time where students can more solemnly experience what it means to be a graduate in an uplifting and personalized ceremony. It is truly a moment in their lives that cannot be recreated, and all graduates are encouraged to attend. During this event, the CVHS Choir and Orchestra will perform.
The schedule has been adjusted for the Campo Verde baccalaureates to allow for more time in between ceremonies.
We will have two baccalaureate ceremonies on Sunday, May 23rd, at 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm in the CVHS Auditorium. The auditorium doors will open for guests 30 minutes prior to the ceremonies.
Families and friends may watch the ceremony via live stream using a link that will be accessible on the Campo Verde High School website on the day of ceremonies. You may also want to include the website link below on your grad announcements.
Students who plan to participate should be in the mini-gym no later than 1:45 pm or 3:45 pm (depending on the chosen ceremony time). Seniors should wear their gown, medallion, cap & tassel, and a face mask.
Two tickets per student will be allowed for family/friends.
Tickets will be available in the Campo Verde bookstore starting on May 3rd, 2021. Students will need to show their ID to receive tickets.
Tickets are limited for each ceremony, so we encourage students to pick up tickets early, especially if you need a specific time slot. Keep your tickets in a safe place; lost tickets will not be replaced.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal
When: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Location: Campo Verde Courtyard
Time: 6:45 AM
NOTE: If you are not at rehearsal and on time, you may NOT participate in the ceremony.
When: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Location: Coyote Stadium
Time: 7:00 PM (Graduates will report to their assigned room no later than 6:15 PM)
*Coyote Stadium will open for guests at 5:30 PM
We are currently planning SIX tickets per graduate. The number of spectators could increase/decrease depending on the pandemic conditions in May. Starting on May 3rd, 2021, tickets will be available in the bookstore. Students will need to show their ID to receive tickets. Keep your tickets in a safe place; lost tickets will not be replaced.
Families and friends may watch the ceremony via live stream using a link on the Campo Verde High School website. You may also want to include the website on your grad announcements. https://www.gilbertschools.net/campoverdehigh
Appropriate Attire for Graduation
- Gown, Medallion, Cap & Tassel (Required) May be purchased in the bookstore.
- Caps may not be altered in any manner. Bring bobby pins for your cap if necessary.
- Gentlemen – Shirt, slacks, socks, and dress shoes required. No jeans or shorts are permitted.
- Ladies – Dresses or blouse and slacks, and dress shoes required. No jeans or shorts are permitted.
- Students dressed inappropriately will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Masks are required
- Seniors, it is important for you to: Keep your grades up, attend classes, clear yourself through the Bookstore, Library (Chromebooks and books), Athletics, and Music (uniforms), complete all discipline assignments and online classes by May 7th, and participate in the mandatory graduation rehearsal on the morning of May 27, 2021, at 6:45 AM in the courtyard.
- Your immunization record will be in the envelope with your diploma. KEEP this record, don’t throw it away.
- Professional photographs will be taken as you receive your diploma cover, courtesy of GradImages.com.
- Limited handicapped seating will also be available on the track. Call Cat Jones at 480-545-3100 ext.2101 to request special seating.
- Guests will not be allowed on the football field at the conclusion of graduation. Graduates can meet their friends and family on the west practice field after the ceremony.
- Masks are required to be worn.
- Students with inappropriate objects (balloons, beach balls, signs, noisemakers, etc.) in their possession will have the object confiscated, and/or the student will be removed from the ceremony.
- Students seeking to disrupt the ceremony in any way will be removed by Gilbert Police and Security.
- Students in possession, smelling of/or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc., may not participate in the ceremony and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with District policy.
Please note: The Senior Class has requested that no noisemakers be used at their graduation ceremony. Names of fellow students cannot be heard because of noisemakers.
Thank you for supporting their request.
Important Dates to Remember
May 3rd - 20th - AP Testing
May 23rd - Baccalaureate 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM -Auditorium
May 26th - Grad Night 11:00 PM to 6:30 AM -Main Event
May 27th - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal 6:45 AM -Courtyard
May 27th - Graduation Ceremony 7:00 PM (Seniors arrive at 6:15 PM to an assigned classroom)
The CVHS Class of 2021 Grad Night Celebration will be at Main Event starting at 11:00 PM on Wednesday, May 26th, and ending Thursday morning at 6:30 AM - just in time to head over to the mandatory graduation rehearsal at 6:45 AM in the courtyard.
Campo Verde graduating seniors have exclusive access to everything Main Event has to offer, including bowling, billiards, ropes course, laser tag, and arcade games. You can spend some time taking photos with friends in the photo booth, listening to the DJ, and enjoy live entertainment.
Food will be available throughout the night!
There will also be lots of prizes raffled off like bicycles, printers, gift cards, dorm fridges, TVs, and other fun stuff to help launch you into the next phase of your life.
Safety precautions: 25% guest capacity, social distancing markers, hand sanitizer throughout the center, temperature checks for every guest and Main Event team members at entry, installed safety shield at the buffet, mask required for guests and Main Event team members.
Register online by May 21st, or in the bookstore by May 14th for $90.
The cost is $100 at the door
Don’t miss out!
The Grad Night celebration is sponsored by the CVHS Project Graduation boosters.
Custom Yard Signs
Your pre-purchased yard signs have been delivered and can be picked up in the bookstore.