October 2nd, 2015
Fall Field Trip to Conner Prairie
1) Permission slips and money are due Monday, October 5th.
2) Please have your child wear their blue CRE t-shirt. This shows pride in our school and helps us identify them quickly.
3) Please send students with lunches packed in completely disposable containers.
Parent Teacher Conferences
You are invited to sign up for Parent Teacher Conference with Mr. Koewers.
DATE: October 13, October 14, October 15, October 20 and October 21.
PLACE: Room 110 at Cumberland Road Elementary School.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: End of day before each conference day
To pick a time slot, enter this link in your internet browser:
At that link, you will be asked for your Entry Code, where you should
If you do not have internet access, please contact us via phone at 594-4170 .
Book Fair is here!
From Mrs. Hicks...
Our book fair will be set up in our Library during the week of Oct. 12-Oct. 16. It will be open for family shopping on the evenings of Oct. 13, 14, and 15 from 4:00-6:30. Students do NOT shop at the book fair during school hours. If they want to come to the fair, they must come with a family member/adult during the evening hours. I will open the fair each afternoon for parent shopping only. These hours will be from 1:00-3:00.
Art to Remember
What's Happening This Week?
· Writer's Workshop: Students will be using the website kidblog.org to publish their personal narratives. Kidblog is a site set up for classrooms. It allows me to create a workspace where the students can share work with each other and comment, without it going public.
· Reader's Workshop: We will be spending time preparing for student led conferences. Students will be creating an agenda, picking work samples, and practicing this week.
· Math Workshop: We will continue to practice rounding numbers to the closes 10 and 100 this week.
· Social Studies: We will begin reading about communities and how our community compares to others around us.
What's Going on Here at Cumberland Road Elementary School?
Lunch Visits and Background Checks
For more information on background checks and the anti-bullying webinar, please visit: