Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 8/6/2020
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting, via Zoom, on Thursday, August 6, 2020. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved: Agenda and Addendum.
- Dr. McGann shared her Superintendent's Report, linked here.
- The Board approved a revised 2020-2021 District calendar, linked here. Changes are outlined below:
- September 1: Closed for all staff and students
- September 2-4: Teacher In Service Days
- September 8: First Day of School for Students
- March 8: School in session for students and staff
- May 28: School in session for students and staff
- Contingency Days in order: April 12; then, April 9, 8, 7, 6, and 5.
- At this time, all school days are Early Release Days for students.
- The Board approved the "Returning with Confidence" School Reopening Plan. Revisions to the plan have since been added. The revised plan is linked here.
- An audio recording of the meeting is available on our web site here.
Policy & Regulation Update
There are no policy/regulation updates to share at this time. All Board policies and regulations are available online here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity