Mane Place for Lion News
January 12, 2024
A note from Mrs. Bowden...
As a leadership school, goals are all around us. If you have not created goals for this New Year, I encourage you to make time and set goals, as a family.
As we return, just a few reminders...
School Safety - The doors do not open until 7:40. When you drop students off before 7:40, they are unattended. Staff duty starts at 7:40. With the temperatures below freezing in the mornings, this is also a safety issue for students. If students, have tutoring in the morning, please drop them off at the time the teacher indicated. Students cannot be in the building unattended. Thank you for making student safety a priority.
Dress Code - LPS has a student dress code. All families receive a copy upon acceptance. LPS enforces the dress code. With the break, here a few reminders...Cargo Pants, joggers, leggings and hoodies are not part of our dress code. Jackets with logos other than the LPS logo are also not allowed. Students can wear the jacket to school, but must remove it when entering the building. Repeated dress code violations will result in discipline consequences. Please refer to the Parent Student handbook, under dress code if you have any questions.
Award Ceremony - We are excited to share student successes with you. There has been a change to the Award Ceremony. We have moved the ceremonies to January 23rd & January 24th.
It is an honor to serve as the Secondary Principal and to serve the LPS community.
Open House Prospective Families
Open House for grades 5th - 12th will be January 18th from 6:00 - 8:00.
Please share the link from Community Impact's article about our LPS Open House. link
National School Choice Week
January 22 - 25 LPS will be celebrating National School Choice Week - we are so grateful you choose LPS for your child's education.
To celebrate and show our support, all staff and students will wear yellow on Thursday, January 25th. Students can wear as much yellow as they have: shirts, pants, dresses, socks, shoes, etc. (Within dress code) No face paint or hair dye will be allowed.
Helper Helper is our community service platform. Please review these updates and reminders to set up for success for your student!
- The deadline for submission of required service hours for the spring semester is May 5, 2024.
- SPECIAL NOTE FOR SENIORS: If your student is a senior and wants to qualify for special recognition at graduation, then they must have 150 or more validated hours over the course of their high school years. The deadline for submission of these hours is April 1, 2024.
- Please make sure your student has an accessible account! If they do not, then please have them email email@example.com with the grade they are in, along with their first and last names.
- Students need to submit their service hours within two weeks of the service date.
- Coordinator information should be reflective of the non-profit organization for which your student served. Emails from a non-organizational domain (such as aol, yahoo, gmail, Hotmail, sbcglobal, etc.) are not valid without additional supporting records.
- Please note that photos for proof of donation for our ongoing LPS-coordinated clothing drive should be sent to Coach Gossett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for the 2023-2024 community service guidelines? You can find them on pages 87-90 in the Parent-Student Handbook. Questions? Please email email@example.com
LPS Sweetheart Daddy Daughter Dance
LPS Sweetheart Daddy Daughter Dance is a 90 minute semi-formal dance for all father figures and daughters grades Kindergarten - 5th.
The dance is on Saturday, February 3, 2024 from 4 pm - 5:30 pm and will be located at the LPS Secondary Campus Gymnasium. Please enter through Secondary Campus front entrance.
Tickets are $15 each. Tickets are per person and each attendee must have a ticket.
There will be a complimentary dessert bar and one complimentary keepsake photo per father/daughter(s) group.
Tickets are nonrefundable.
Please direct any questions to LPS Lions Pride PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to purchase tickets: https://www.lionspridepto.com/shop/sweetheart-daddy-daddy-dance
LPS Lions Pride PTO