Chapman Chargers Update
Good afternoon Chapman Families!
** Thank you parents for attending parent-teacher conferences! If you were unable to meet with your child's teacher, please contact the teacher to set up a time to meet or have a phone conference.
* Halloween is right around the corner! This year the band/parade will be at Chapman 10/31/18 at 10:00 AM. Please contact your classroom teacher to see if your classroom party will be directly before or after the parade. It would be extremely helpful if students were dressed for the parade/party when they arrived at school. Students cannot wear masks during school but may wear them during the parade. No costume weapons are allowed at school or the parade.
* Vision Screening will be Monday and Tuesday for grade K, 1, 3 and 5.
* Thank you to all the parents in the morning in car pool! You are doing fabulous! Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in car pool and not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the car pool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Socktober continues this week! Please donate new socks for our families in need within our community!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
** Literacy Night for grades K-3 will be November 15th. We are very excited about this event and hope all lower-elementary students and their families will participate. Please make sure you RSVP for this event no later than November 2nd. You won't want to miss it! See attached flyer.
* The next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, November 13th at 6 PM
* Please make sure that all students have coats when they come to school! We are in that transition of cooler weather and I would hate to have students miss a needed reason because they are not dressed appropriately. If your child is in need of a coat, please contact me and I will make sure that they have one.
October Lunch Menu is attached below!
Other Important Dates to Remember:
10/23 Second Grade Field Trip
10/24 Box Tops Due
10/25 Picture Retake Day
10/26 3rd Grade Lansing Trip
10/26 First Grade Field Trip
10/30 Crazy Sock day and last day of Socktober
10/31 Halloween (Parade @ 10 AM)
11/2 End of Card Marking - Half day for students
11/6 No School- Rock the Vote!
11/7 5th Grade Music Field Trip
11/7 Otis Spunkmeyer Delivery
11/8 A & W Fundraiser
11/10 Craft Show at Carlson (see flyer below)
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettiland #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary