Flores Class Chronicle - Week 6
September 28-October 2
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
PICTURE DAY - THIS WEDNESDAY, 9/30
Individual fall pictures will be taken THIS WEDNESDAY, 9/30. If you'd like to order your child's portrait, payment is due at the time of the picture. Information was sent home in Wednesday folders. If you did not receive an order form and are interested in purchasing pictures, please email me as soon as possible.
PARENT CONFERENCES COMING - OCTOBER 12th
SAVE THE DATE! Parent/Teacher conferences will take place on Monday, October 12th. If you are unable to attend on October 12th, additional dates will be available after school or upon special request. Click here to visit the Signup Genius link and choose an available time slot: You DO NOT have to have need a Signup Genius account to sign up for a time slot. Please let me know if you have trouble selecting a slot.
Please be aware that the conference schedule is tight so please arrive promptly for your designated time. If we find that we need more time than the allotted window, and I have a conference immediately after you, I will ask if we can continue our conversation via phone, email, or at another time. Please understand that I am in no way trying to brush you off, but rather attempting to respect everyone's time and crazy schedules.
If for some reason you are unable to make your original conference choice, please contact me so I can open up the time to other parents.
Current Week Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
Monday 9/28 -
Tuesday 9/29 -
Wednesday 9/30 -Picture Day
Thursday 10/1 -
Friday 10/2 - First Friday Fun Dress up Day - Dress as your favorite Superhero
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- the writing process steps
- begin seed vs. watermelon stories
- Grammar: adjectives
- continue the earliest Texans
- multi-step word problems
- Multi-step word problem checkpoint on Friday 10/2
- Continue poetry unit and figurative language
- · Sitton Spelling Unit 5: fire, ready, green, yes, built
- Continue Mixtures and Solutions
- Properties of Matter Vocabulary (set 2) - to be tested Friday 10/2
Writing STAAR update
TIMESAVER TIP: Add to home screen
We use our website as a landing pad for many activities, so if your child brings their own IOS device to school, it'd be a HUGE help if you could help him/her add the "Our Town" website to their homescreen. That way, they're a click away from accessing our website, rather than having to click through multiple pages. Thanks!
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
SEPTEMBER 2015Wednesday 9/30
- Fall Pictures
OCTOBER 2015Thursday 10/1 -
- Quest Parent Orientation 6-7
- Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress Up) - Super Hero Day
- NO SCHOOL - Parent Teacher Conferences http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040544aeac28a02-parentteacherstu
- End of 1st 9 weeks
- Red Ribbon Week
- Early Release day; 1st 9 weeks report cards home
NOVEMBER 2015Sunday 11/1 -
- Daylight Savings Time - FALL BACK!
- Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Decade Day
- 4th Grade Veterans Day performance
- Pajama Drive Kick Off - WEAR PJ'S TO SCHOOL
- Pajama Drive Thursday 11/13- Thursday 12/10
Week of 11/16 -
- Book Fair in the Reagan Library
- Generations Texas week
- Thanksgiving Break
- PJ Drive Ends
- Weeks of 12/21 - 1/1/16 - LISD Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- School resumes
- Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Crazy Hair Day
- End of 1st Semester