High School Highlights April12-17
A weekly update of Rowan County Senior High School News.
------------It's a Great Day to be a Viking!--------------
Green & White Days for the Rest of the Year
Green Days - M, W, F1 - 1st Period, HR, 5th Period, 7th Period
White Days - T, TH, F2 - 2nd Period, 3rd Period, 4th Period, 6th Period
- MISSING/INCOMPLETE ASSIGNMENTS: Please encourage your child to complete all assignments for their classes this week so that they can start on the right path. We want your child to be successful, completing this week's assignments will be helpful moving forward as we transition to face to face schooling.
- MASKS: Everyone is required to wear a mask when they enter the school building. Masks must be worn correctly covering the nose and mouth.
- MORNING DROP-OFF: Drop off begins at 7:15am. For students being dropped off at school by an adult, they will continue to pull around to the front of the building.
- AFTERNOON DISMISSAL: Afternoon dismissal procedures will remain the same as well. First Bus Riders be released at 3:05pm. Parent Pick up students will be released at 3:10pm. Please pull up to the front of the building and remain in your vehicle. It might take students a minute or two longer to get to you, as there will be more guardians/students trying to connect. Second Bus Riders will be released at 3:15pm. Please remember that students are still not able to ride the bus home with other students unless it is part of their regular transportation routine.
- ABSENSES: If a student must be absent from school for non-covid related sickness or other reasons, it will be their responsibility to collect the work they missed from their teachers upon the student's return. Please contact the office if your student cannot attend school that day. If a student has a covid-related absence, please contact the RCSHS front office (606-784-8956) for additional information.
If you have any questions concerning return to daily in person instruction, please call the high school at 606-784-8956.
2021 Prom - Juniors and Seniors
- Due to limiting the number of students, juniors and seniors will only be permitted to attend. There will be no out of school guests or underclassmen.
- WHEN: Saturday, May 1, 2021
- TIME: 7:00 - 10:00 pm
- WHERE: RCSHS
- TICKETS: Junior tickets are $20. Senior tickets are free. Tickets may be purchased on April 29, 30 during lunch.
Student of the Month
Bluegrass Discovery Academy
Student of the Month
Senior Student of the Month
Junior Student of the Month
2021 Senior Superlatives
- Jordan Justice
- Kaelan Frazier
- Aiden Leuenberger
- Brooklyn Enderle
- Nathan Goodpaster
- Bailey Haynes
Most Likely to be a Reality TV Star
- Collin Tuerk
- Sarah Hatfield
- Mason Moore
- Audrey Evans
Most Changed from Freshman Year
- Arian Brown
- Haley Forman
- Ethan Jenkins
- Maiqi Qin
Most Likely to Become President
- Dilan Maxey
- Natalie Peyton
- Lucas Hart
- Jocee McCarty
- Garrison Ratliff
- Madison Moore
The Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) program provides scholarships to students who earn at least a 2.5 GPA each year at a Kentucky high school. The better you do in high school the more money you earn toward college! You may also earn awards for your ACT scores and AP test scores as well!
Please be sure to enroll in the 2020-2021 Scholarships Google Classroom.
Class Code: ops77ka
How is scholarship information sent out?
- student email
-scholarship table outside the guidance office
- IC student dashboard
Apply, Apply, Apply!
Need to Request a Meeting with a Counselor or an Administrator?
Click on the name of the person you wish to request an appointment with:
Do you have Youth Service Center needs?
NO PASS/NO DRIVE (KRS 159.051)
Not a school rule - It’s the LAW!
Students who are sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old who become deficient in academics or attendance shall be reported to the Transportation Cabinet for driver’s license, permit, or driving privilege revocation.
Students must pass 5 out of 7
classes each semester.
Students must not accumulate 9 or more unexcused absences in a semester.
Parent Involvement Group
Kroger Community Rewards
If you receive an error message, please choose District "Rowan" and log in again. Infinite Campus went through an update over the summer which is causing the error message. If you need further assistance, please contact the high school at 606-784-8956.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @RCSHSOffices
Use our new hashtag, #RCSHStogether, for all student related posts.
Get the Infinite Campus App to keep up with your grades and attendance! Your login credentials are your SCHOOL EMAIL as the username and 10 digit state ID as the password. Keep up with your grades!
Sign up for Remind - Text 81010 and place the appropriate message in the text message:
9th Grade Last Name A-M: @rc2024a-m
9th Grade Last Name N-Z: @rc2024n-z
10th Grade Last Name A-Z: @rc2023n-z
11th Grade Last Name A-M: @rc2022a-m
11th Grade Last Name N-Z: @rc2022n-z
12th Grade Last Name A-M: @rc2021a-m
12th Grade Last Name N-Z: @rc2021n-z
Dual Credit Students: @vikcollege
RCECA Students: @rceca
MCTC Votech Students: @21votech
All tickets will be sold through GoFan and must be purchased in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. Each school's guidelines are set in conjunction with their local health department and school board.
If you have questions, please contact Brandy Carver or Randy Wallace at the high school; 606-784-8956.