Main Prep Family News
Small School Extraordinary Impact
During this season of thanks, I would like to begin by showing my gratitude for the many pillars of the school community. First, I am thankful for the faculty and staff who exhibit impeccable attendance and ensure that students are being challenged in an academically thrilling, student-centered environment. Their hard work ensures that the needs of the students are being met. Second, I am thankful for the parents for your support and dedication to your children’s academic, social-emotional, physical growth and development. Our partnership fosters your children’s education and enhances our school in all aspects, especially with our stellar NWEA Test Scores. Although children should be measured well beyond an exam, these levels of growth would be unobtainable without your support. Lastly, I am thankful for the students that come to school each day with smiles upon their faces and are ready to meet the challenges of a rigorous academic environment. It is because of our students that I am truly able to enjoy my administrative journey.
Here is the info for the HEAP program:
The program is federally funded and provides heating assistance to households to help cover the cost of utility bills.
1. Early Re-Enrollment has started. Re-Enrollment forms will be sent home this week, please fill them out and return by December 10, 2021. Parents who return the forms early between this window will receive a free unform shirt for the Fall 2022 school year.
2. The school is open for all scholars at 7:30am.
3. Breakfast starts at 8:00am
4. Between 7:30-8:00am, all Kindergarten and First Graders enter in the morning at door entrance 1, Second and Third Graders enter at door entrance 2, and Fourth and Fifth Graders enter at door entrance 3. There are staff members at each entry door.
5. If your child arrives to school any time after 8:00am, they need to enter at door 1 and ring the doorbell to be permitted into the building. Parents, please walk your scholars to the door.
6. All parents have to enter the building to sign their kids out for early dismissal.
Citizens of the Month
Kindergarten, Liam Aamah
First Grade, Tony Fields
Second Grade, Chasity Little
Third Grade, Norene Dix
Fourth Grade, Damone Kirk
Fifth Grade, Morgan Conrad
December 10: Picture Day, more information will be forth coming; dress down day for pictures
December 17: Family Movie and Popcorn Night from 4:00-6:00pm; End of 2nd quarter, dress down day, PBIS Incentive, and December Birthday Cupcake Celebrations
December 20-31- Winter Break
January 3 - No scholars in school, Teacher In-Service Day
January 7 - Report Cards sent home
January 17 - Martin Luther King Day- School is closed
January 28- Awards Program / Community Meeting at 10:00am; PBIS Incentive and Birthday Cupcake Celebrations; Father and Daughter Dance from 4:00-6:00pm
The Transportation Department Would Like to Hear From You!
If you have been affected by the challenging bussing situation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org informing them of your challenges.”
Have Questions? Contact Us Today!
Main Preparatory Academy is a tuition-free public charter school serving extraordinary families in Akron, Ohio. Our dedicated staff and school leaders work to create a unique and personalized learning experience for scholars in grades K-5. We work with our parents and teachers to foster well-rounded learners by developing the whole-person and preparing our students to become life-ready leaders.
At Main Prep, we believe that our children deserve a loving, bright, and safe learning environment.