for Data Science Fellows Program
We're Hiring! Come work @ Israel Tech Challenge
Statistics Instructor for Data Science Fellows Program at Israel Tech Challenge (ITC)
Israel Tech Challenge (ITC) trains talented professionals from Israel and abroad to accelerate their careers in technology while focusing on the most in-demand skills in global tech. ITC offers its participants both training and job placement in top tech companies, along with strong networking in the Israeli tech community. To date, ITC introduced over 500 graduates from over 20 countries to the hi-tech industry.
Statistics Instructor for Data Science Fellows Program
Reporting directly to the Fellows Program Director, the Statistics Instructor will deliver Statistics lectures to students in our Data Science Fellows program – a 5-month elite training course.
This is an hourly position based in our Tel Aviv campus.
- Introduction to statistics, Data types, Descriptive statistics, Population vs. Sample, Bayesian Inference, MAP, Linear Regression, Hypothesis tests, Statistical tests, Ensembles, Information Theory, etc.
- Provide students with professional guidance throughout their training, facilitate their understanding of the material and identify patterns of struggle or success among students
- Advise the program team on steps needed to advance weaker students
- Provide the program team with a professional evaluation of the class
- Fluent English speaker
- Academic degree in a STEM-related field
- Experience as a STEM educator
- Clear communicator with the ability to explain and simplify complex material and theory
- Passionate about teaching new concepts to a highly skilled student body
- Skilled at public speaking in front of a large group of students
- Lectures will be divided into 3-4 sessions
- Some theoretical lectures can be filmed in advance allowing a greater focus on practice during sessions
- There is no need to prepare session materials, presentations and exercises as they are pre-written but some adjustments will be required.
- Payment is hourly and will cover lecturing and prep hours