Week of December 4th, 2017
- Student Teachers - If you are interested in hosting a student teacher in the Spring, please shoot Cooper an email.
- Calendar Survey - 2 options for next year's calendar have been released. Check them out, and share your input on the district survey. https://www.coppellisd.com/Page/15153 Have additional input? Feel free to share it with Jana (our Calendar Committee Rep).
- Early Dismissal - Dismissal is at 12:15 on 12/15. If you have kids that will need a lunch, please email Mrs. Nora how many sack lunches you will need.
- Educator Writing Survey - See below for information regarding an educator Writing Survey to address our campus System Safeguards.
- January 2nd - Register in Eduphoria for your 2 sessions on January 2nd. Classroom Educators (except for Noel/Scovill) - Please make sure you register for a Guided Reading session. For session descriptions, see email sent on Friday.
Hour of Code
Looking for somewhere to start? Click below for great lessons from Amanda! Also, don't hesitate to talk to Carol about utilizing some of our countless robotics resources.
RtI meetings are this week (and next Monday). We have seen lots of progress in our learners through the years and month by month as we meet. Please have all progress monitoring updated in AWARE. Also, be prepared to discuss interventions and learner response to the interventions.
Thanks for all you do to help our kids be successful.
Aligned Writing Checklists
Educator Writing Survey
Please complete the survey by Friday, December 15th.
Do you need a unique way to teach retelling?
Directly from the Mentoring Minds Intervention Strategies compact guide:
Provide each student with a string. Have them stretch out the string on their desks. Tell students the string is like a timeline of events that happen in a story. Students touch the left end, which represents the beginning of the story. Students touch the right end, which represents the ending of the story. Tell them the events that happen in the story should be placed in sequential order along the string. THEN read the story.
Option A: Have students tell the events in order and point to the correct sequence on the string.
Option B: Provide the students with index cards. Students write (or dictate and teacher writes) the beginning and the ending of a story on separate index cards and place the cards in the appropriate place on the length of string. Students write other events in the story on separate cards and place them on the string in the proper sequence.
This information will be used to inform elementary redistricting scheduled to happen prior to the opening of the new elementary school.
It's Party Time!
Week At A Glance
- 4th RtI
- 3rd RtI
- 5th Grade Program- Spirit Schedule
- 1st, 3rd, 5th - Stop, Collaborate, and Listen
- Kids of Character Breakfast
- 2nd RtI
- 4th Design Day
- Eric Hanson's Baby Shower in the Lounge
- Madrigal Tours - 1:55-2:15 - The Madrigal Choir will come for a quick caroling tour. If your class would like to participate, line the hall, and they will be around from 1:55-2:15.
- Faculty Meeting - 3:30
- Mi Cocina Spirit Night
- 1st RtI
- 3rd Design Day
- Tamba and Bel Canto Performance at Northpark
- K, 2nd, 4th - Stop, Collaborate and Listen
- Rise & Shine
- Holiday Open House - New/Used book donations accepted.
- Red and Black Superstar Nominations Due
- Wilson Staff Holiday Party