Emerald Sketch Wishes
A Healthy Happy New Year
Emerald Sketch at the Resiliency Center of Newtown
To all the children, parents, teachers, and community members who have engaged in Emerald Sketch art therapy and have shared the benefits you experience, we are grateful.
We love asking your children questions like, "What was the most helpful? Or Which art therapy task did you enjoy the most?" The initial answers are reflected with twinkling focused eyes, "Everything or All of it."
As we move into the new year, we maintain our mission:
- Private art therapy available for all ages in the Sandy Hook, Newtown, CT community
- Educational workshops on trauma and the creative arts therapies for parents, first-responders, teachers, teenagers, and young children
- Collaboration with Ben's Lighthouse and Connecticut Music Therapy Services
- Safe Places Exhibit continues
- Summer programming available
Connecticut First Lady
Cathy Malloy overlooks the "Nest in Show"
Emerald Sketch Safe Places
An Emerald Sketch Island of individual "Safe Places"
Hall of Flags
Art and music therapists educate around the "Ice Cream Social Cone" and the Interactive Art making table on "Neural growth and social connection"
Recommend and Contact Us when:
You, your child, student, friend, or loved one is having:
- Dreams about the event
- Play that obsessively reenacts the event
- Difficulty sleeping
Traumatic reactions may be more likely, depending on:
- Proximity to the event
- The severity of the event
- Previous life factors and family history www.childmind.org
For Any Child or Adult directly exposed to the event a short-term art therapy treatment is highly recommended. We are available for you now at the Resiliency Center of Newtown.