Home - School Connection April 2020
I hope all of you are continuing to be well, safe and maintain the proper procedures in regards to social - distancing. As we head into the third week of online learning our teachers and staff will continue to provide great digital/ virtual learning opportunities. We also want to ensure the lines of communication between parents, students, and teachers are appropriately maintained. If you need assistance in regards to family services, tech support, student mentor, or student work completion please feel free to contact me below or through our school main number at 915-434-6600 and we will be glad to assist you! Parkland Elementary is here for YOU!
You can contact me anytime at:
2020 -2021 NEW AND KINDER REGISTRATION
2020-2021 Online Enrollment for All NEW students
- Before you get started please have a valid email address
- Please visit www.bit.ly/new2YISD to begin the enrollment process for your child
- Click on "Register New Account". Make sure to fill out all questions with a RED * with your information (not your child's) and then submit
- Please make sure you write down or keep a copy of the parent login ID that you created and the password
- A new window will appear. Please click on "NEW FORM" and then "GO" to go into the "2021 NEW YISD STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM"
- In this form you will be entering your child's information. There are a total of 4 sections that you must enter information into and save before moving to the next section :
- Student Information Tab
- Address and Phone Number
- Contact Information
- Additional Information
- Once all 4 sections have been filled out click on " I AGREE" after reading the disclosure agreement.
- Lastly, click SUBMIT. The status will show "SUBMITTED".
Important Dates To Know
Returning Students - April 22 (Complete online registration form) https://www.yisd.net/Page/11409
Student Progress Report - April 24
Students last day to turn in classwork/ assignments May 22
Student last day for virtual learning - June 5
Parkland Teachers and Staff Communication
Parents, Teachers and Staff will use different modes of communication to keep in contact with your child and you. Below is a list of different communication devices they will be using
- CLASS DOJO
- PARENT & STUDENT EMAILS
- GOOGLE VOICE TO MAKE PHONE CALLS TO YOUR CELL OR HOME PHONE
- VIDEO CONFERENCING THROUGH -MEET/HANGOUT
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM
* Reading and writing can be in English, or in your home language, or in a combination.