Home of the Young Cardinals
From the Desk of Dr. Richards
Master Calendar - Snow Days Affect our End of the School Year
According to the MDE (Michigan Department of Education), all school districts must provide 175 “days” and 1,098 “hours” of student instruction in SY 2015-16. Barring any more cancelled school days, we would surpass the state “day” requirement at both buildings due to snow days and the cancelled first day of school affecting the elementary only.
Therefore, we will need to make up one day at the elementary school. At this time, the two half days of student instruction on June 14 and 15 will now be full days at the elementary school.
Good news -- at this point, the last day of the school year remains unchanged, Thursday, June 16.
Week of May 16
Monday, May 16 —
- Math Fact Challenge Detroit Zoo Field Trip 9:00-3:00 (Chaperone Meeting in the Library at 8:30)
- Math Fact Challenge 4th-6th Grade Movie 9:15-10:45 in the Library (Mrs. Czapiewski supervising)
- Math Fact Challenge 1st-3rd Grade Movie 1:00-2:30 in the LIbrary (Mrs.Szymanski supervising)
- Math Fact Challenge Pizza Lunch during normal lunch hours
- 7th Grade Orientation at the High School 7:00pm-8:00pm
Tuesday, May 17 —
Variety Show Tryouts 3:45-5:00
Preschool Graduation 6:30-8:30
Wednesday, May 18 –
- M-STEP testing
- Kindergarten Readiness Testing in the Purple Room all day
- Grade 5 Wind in Motion program through GM partnership
Thursday, May 19 –
M-STEP testing morning only
Kindergarten Readiness Testing in the Purple Room morning only
Variety Show Tryouts 3:45-5:00
Hometown Football Registration 5:30-7:30
Mr. Burmann Grade 3 Cub Scout Meeting 6:00-7:00
Friday, May 20 –
Junior High Visit with the 6th Grade 9:15-10:15
1st Grade Safetyville Field Trip 12:00-2:00
Grade 5 Wind in Motion program through GM partnership Car Races in the Gym 1:30-3:30
May 30 Memorial Day - No Classes
June 16 Final Scheduled Day for School, half day for students
Upcoming PTA Events:
- Dads N Donuts - May 23 & 24
- Carnival - June 10
Did you know....
Things to consider:
1. Is your current doctor part of the new plan
2. Is the hospital the one you want
Click the link below for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Resources
School Hours 8:35am-3:35pm
Students dismissed to classrooms at 8:25
Morning Drop Off
Cardinal Club (Latchkey)
Lunch Price Changes
GI Go celebrates the ten year anniversary of its founding, we hope that our school participate in the largest dress down day for Veterans in America to honor Memorial Day in 2016. Our goal is to raise $500
Given the performance and test-driven culture of our schools, with over-packed curriculum and stressed out students, what can parents do to transform maths for their children? Here are some steps to take:
Family Literacy Center
Call Family Literacy Center at 810-664-2737 for more information and to register your child.
New Family Play Groups for the New Year
Free play groups for children (birth to 5 years) and parents, grandparents, or caregivers. Have fun while learning through song, play, friendship, and crafts. Children will enjoy a snack, social time with other children, and a free book.
NOTE: All sessions are held at the Marguerite deAngeli Library, 921 W.. Nepessing St., Lapeer
May 10 - Tuesdays - 10-11:30 am
New Ready, Set Go Workshops for the New Year
This is an entertaining FREE workshop for 3-5 year olds and parents/grandparents/caregivers. Enjoy FUN learning activities that will help develop your child's skills and prepare him/her for school..Children also enjoy a snack, story time, and a free book. Siblings are welcome!
NOTE: All workshops are held at the Marguerite deAngeli Library, 921 W.. Nepessing St., Lapeer.
Thursday, May 19, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Thursday, June 23, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- To provide an educational foundation of academic excellence that promotes responsible social, civic, and ethical conduct.
- Passionate teachers developing 21st Century Skills for all students
- An individualized and challenging curriculum
- Commitment to a safe, technology-rich learning environment
- Encouraging community and family engagement