December 17, 2014
ENJOY YOUR BREAK!!!!!
If you have not had a chance to complete the classroom library survey, please click on the link below!
Updates from the Curriculum Department
FISD Sumdog Contest
Sumdog's first Frisco math contest of 2015 starts Friday January 23 and will run until the following Thursday!
It's free to take part and there are prizes to be won!
It will only take an hour so to get a decent score, and as students play online, they can compete in school or at home.
In order to join in the fun, teachers can enter their class here: http://www.sumdog.com/enter_contest
For questions, contact email@example.com
How to Use CBA Questions
Here are a few examples of how the CBA is being used in grade levels across Tadlock and how the CBA should be used by everyone:
1. Take the CBA prior to the cluster beginning. Discuss vocabulary that you notice that students will need to know in order to be successful.
2. Make notes of student behaviors necessary for success, and discuss teacher behaviors that will support the desired student behaviors.
3. CBA questions should be used to gather data after the assessment is administered. Think about what you did as the teacher to help students achieve the desired outcome, or consider what behaviors you need to adjust in order to support student achievement.
Here are a few examples of "what not to do" with CBA questions:
1. CBA questions should not be used in work stations, at teacher table, for problem solving, or for any other form of instruction during the math block.
2. CBA questions should not be sent home for homework before the CBA is administered.
3. CBA questions should not be altered (only change the numbers) and used in class or sent home to act as a "review" for the CBA.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask! I am happy to come and problem solve with you and your team anytime.
Social Studies Textbook Adoption
Each campus has been assigned a certain "lens" to use when looking at the social studies resources. Our lens is science, technology, and society. Again, I would love to join you guys when you look through the resources. If I am unable to join you when your team meets to discuss these resources, please let me know that the rubric was completed and submitted for your team. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide very valuable feedback!! This is an important decision that will impact both you and your students in the future!!
Middle of the Year Assessment Information
1st Grade TEMI Window: 1/5-1/30
5th Grade MSTAR Window: 1/7-2/10 (Please reserve the pod 2 computer lab to complete this assessment)
*At the beginning of the year we were told that 2nd-4th graders would be taking an assessment called ESTAR. However, we have not received any additional information about this. Do not worry about this assessment unless you hear differently! Thanks for being so flexible!!
STAAR Simulation Dates
*Due to the new TEKS, there will be no math STAAR simulation this year!! I will be ordering the appropriate STAAR simulation tests for your grade level from the Print Shop. You can go ahead and cross that off your to-do list!!
3rd Grade Reading: February 18, 2015
4th Grade Reading: February 18, 2015
4th Grade Writing: February 5, 2015
5th Grade Reading: February 5, 2014
*K-2nd grade and Specials teachers: Please be aware that students will be taking their STAAR simulation tests on these days.