Winter 2023/2024 Newsletter
Winter edition 2023/2024
New year, new beginnings, Texas educators! We at TexQuest are thrilled to stand alongside you in this shared mission: empowering our students with digital resources that provide anytime, anywhere access to high-quality, authoritative digital resources. Together, let's make this year one where learning takes flight! Remember, your TexQuest Support Center team is always here to guide you on your digital journey.
Happy New Year, and may your classrooms buzz with the thrill of learning and discovery!
Every year, Britannica shares the most searched topic in their elementary product: ANIMALS! Ask any elementary librarian and teacher, and they will all agree with this fact. Britannica kept this fact in mind as they designed the Early Elementary product, launched mid-year 2023.
Britannica has created a guide to get you started on using Early Elementary as our elementary students embark on inquiry, whether animals or dinosaurs. It contains a wide variety of ideas you can take and use tomorrow.
Save the date! On January 25th, LearningExpress is unveiling exciting updates:
- Two full-length, updated STAAR™ EOC Algebra I Practice Tests and STAAR™ Grade 7 Math Practice Tests (Next quarter they'll be launching brand new STAAR Grade 3 RLA and STAAR Grade 6 RLA Practice Tests)
- Thirty new additional Digital SAT® microlessons covering all tested topics in the new SAT® Reading and Writing and Math tests. These will be part of the latest updated SAT® Guided Course, which will re-launch as well.
- Twelve new high school Biology microlessons covering the skeletal and muscular systems. These are part of a new series, and next quarter, they'll release microlessons covering the circulatory system.
- Twenty-one new additional grammar, writing, and reading skills microlessons covering topics in punctuation, figurative language, reading persuasive and literary texts, and much more.
Be sure to visit LearningExpress for more details!
As usual the folks at Gale are consistently working to improve the user experience. They have recently enhanced the already fantastic suite of Gale In Context resources.
- More prominent display of leveled documents
- New Washington Post videos: 700 new videos with monthly additions
- 900 new curriculum-aligned videos from:
- Educate Today
- Crash Course
- Kids Learning Videos
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer
By default, search queries in SIRS Discoverer limit content with publication dates within 10 years of the conducted search, showcasing the most recent content. From the search results page, users now have the option to expand their search to content with publication dates beyond the 10-year constraint by un-toggling a checkbox.
TeachingBooks has two EXCITING updates: Book Resumes and a new Phonics and Phonological Awareness Collection.
- Beyond misleading blurbs and misinformation! Find trusted insights on genre, reviews, awards, & more with Book Resumes. Sign in to explore. Each Book Resume will include the following information:
- Grade levels, Word Count, Lexile Level
- Subject Headings determined by the Library of Congress
- Professional reviews
- Awards and Distinctions
- Reading lists the book is on
- Primary source statement
- Preview of the digital book.
Be sure you are signed in to view the Book Resumes!
- Make learning phonics fun and effective! Explore the comprehensive Phonics & Phonological Awareness Collection, featuring 25 carefully crafted book lists by TeachingBooks, designed to spark kids' love for reading while building strong phonics skills.
Join us at TCEA!
TexQuest Support will be at TCEA the week of February 3rd, 2024. We'll be presenting five informative sessions click on the flyer above to view a detailed list of our sessions.
Come say hello to us at booth 1945! The support center is ready to assist with any questions you might have.
Check out our TCEA Newsletter for more information!
TexQuest is a statewide digital resources program that provides anytime, anywhere access to high quality, authoritative digital resources to all educators, students, and students' immediate families in Texas K-12 public schools and open enrollment charter schools. Supported, in part, by appropriations from the Texas State Legislature, Texas districts pay a small per student membership fee to gain access to TexQuest resources from the providers listed on this page.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission administers all aspects of the TexQuest program and is responsible for the selection and coordination of all TexQuest resources, as well as district invoicing.
Education Service Center, Region 20 serves as the TexQuest Support Center and is responsible for help desk, technical assistance, outreach, communication, and training to support the program.