Native American Populations
Anasazi(ancestors of Pueblo) 5000-1200 AD
2.They made their houses out of abode and stone. The houses were multi-storied and apartment like structures. they lived on walls of cliffs or large plazas.
3. the Heart of the civilization is in Chaco Canyon was Pueblo Bonite. It was where there was a complex of more than 100 people.
4.They built roads from Pueblo for trading roads.
5.They got jewelry from craftsmen. They also got woven baskets that were black and white and also pottery.
6. There were heavily influenced art tribes as Hopi and Zuni.
Adena( Eastern Woodland people.
2.They grew many plants like squash, sunflower, gourds and barley.
3. They produced exquisite such as copper, jewelry and fine pottery.
4. The Adena made burials mounds made of logs covered by piles of Earth.
2.The Mississippians had plants that made food for them. When they added maize and beans, it increased the population.
3.Since there was a increase of population the Mississippians had to get more land.
4.The more land they got, the more they got numerous cities. The cities added up to 10,000 people. The largest city was Cahokia. It was located near present-day East St. Louis.
5. In the center of Cahokia was a massive mound aprox. It was 100 feet high base of more than 14 acres. It was also larger than the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
6. Surrounding it was 120 smaller mounds.