Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
December 18, 2015
Mrs. Muegge's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsMueggeTCE
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
December 21-Jan 4 Holiday Break
Jan 5th- first day back
Jan 15th- 1/2 day of school
Jan 18th- no school
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- No school
- Tuesday- Day 2 PE
- Wednesday- Day 3 Music
- Thursday- Day 4 Art
- Friday- Day 5 PE
What's Happening in Mrs. Muegge's Class
Social Studies- Economy- Market Day
Market Day was a success!! The students did a wonderful job making a budget and running a business. They were so engaged and learned so much throughout this fun learning experience!
- We will continue our small reading groups and our Daily Five activities when we return from break!
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue looking at persuasive text and learning the difference between fact and opinion.
- After break we will begin a new High Ability unit titled "Journeys and Destinations". This is always a fun unit that involves lots of higher order thinking!
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue learning about long division. Students will be exposed to a few different strategies. They are encouraged to use whichever strategy works best for them!
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue to solve real world problems using many different strategies that we have learned through exploration and through watching others.
- Shortly after break students will embark on PBL where they will be creating their own math games. At the conclusion of this project, students will have the opportunity to invite another class in to play their games.
- We will continue to explore persuasive writing.
- Students will learn what a debate is and how it looks.
- Students will eventually conduct their own debate!
Meet our Student Teacher!
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
Humane Society Update from Mrs. Hamilton's Class
Our class just wanted to say thank you to our TCE school families and teachers for all of your help and support for our “passion project” for the Humane Society! We were able to make 16 fleece blankets and will donate a monetary gift of a little over $1,000.00!!!!! My class is so proud and excited to be able to give back in this way!! They learned so much by doing this project!! J
We couldn’t have done it without all of you!!!!