Pine Ridge Prep Update
December 14, 2021
Welcome from Mrs. Tanner & Mrs. Banzhaf
Dear Pine Ridge Prep Families,
This is the last week of school before we begin Winte Break! Students and staff have been having a wonderful time with holiday activities this week! We have been blessed with several community partners who have donated gifts for each student! We are so thankful!
As a reminder, we do not have school December 20-January 4 for Winter Break. Students will return on January 5. Enjoy the time with your loved ones!
Please ensure your children are coming to school with masks each day. It is a good idea to send a spare mask as well. We appreciate your support in ensuring students come to school prepared to learn and masks are essential to a safe learning environment. Additionally, please be sure your children are seated in the proper car seats, per Kansas law. If you need help with this, see the Family Resources section below!
As always, if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to us!
Thank you for the privilege of serving you ~
Mrs. Gabrielle Tanner, Principal
Mrs. Shelley Banzhaf, Building Leader Intern
- December 14: Parent Circle of Friends @ 9:15; Parent Committee @ 4:30
- December 15: Holiday Celebration @ 5:30-7:00
- December 16: Conscious Discipline @ 9:15; Board of Education Meeting @ 6:00
- December 17: End of 2nd Quarter
- December 20-January 4: NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
- January 5: Students Return; 3rd Quarter Begins
Wednesday, Dec. 15th, 5:30-7pm
1110 Southeast Highland Avenue
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Items That Need Your Attention
Students Leaving Early
*As established by SCDC Head Start Policy Council and based upon Topeka Public Schools rules and regulations.
1. The Topeka Board of Education believes that attendance at school is a key factor in student achievement and success. Students are expected to regularly attend school, participate, and learn.
2. If your child is ill, has an appointment, or other reason that will constitute an excused absence, you must call into the office between 8:00-9:00a.m. Advanced notice is appreciated.
3. A phone call attempt will be made on any child that does not arrive at school by 10:00am and 11:00am on late start Friday.
4. Head Start performance standards require children to be in attendance at a minimum of 90% of the time. Students who drop below 90% attendance will be placed on an attendance plan to improve student attendance. Any child who has been absent for 10 consecutive days, or 15 cumulative days, risks being dropped from the program and placed on the waitlist.
5. After 2 days of unexcused absences, staff will conduct a home visit or make other direct contact with the child's family, determining what assistance is needed to remedy the problem.
6. Tardies are cumulative and can affect attendance just like absences do. Students must arrive at school on time each day. Excessive tardies may result in the family being placed on an attendance plan.
7. Although Kansas law does not require students to be in school prior to the age of 7, ANY child enrolled in public school does fall into the state truancy policies. Truancy reports may be made to the district truancy officer for any student with excessive absences and/or tardies.
Conscious Discipline Parent Information
***COVID Testing is currently on hold as we await a shipment of testing supplies.
Did you know that free Covid-19 testing is currently available in all school clinic offices and at the Service Center? Asymptomatic students and staff may test at their school clinic. Antigen test results are available in about 15 minutes and PCR test results are available in about 30 minutes. Flu testing availability is also coming soon. For more information, see the brochure in English, the Spanish brochure, or contact your school nurse.