Maybell Weekly Newsletter
January 11th, 2016
Happening this week . . . .
Monday - January 11th, 2016
- Elementary Teacher In-service Day - NO SCHOOL
- 4:30 p.m. Substitute Appreciation Social @ Admin Building for all substitute teachers
Tuesday - January 12th, 2016
- 5 p.m. Moffat County Global Meeting @ Admin Building
Wednesday - January 13th, 2016
- 4:00 p.m. District Benefit Committee Meeting @ Admin Building
Thursday - January 14th, 2016
- 7:00 a.m. School Board Work Session @ Admin Building
Friday - January 15th, 2016
- Amber and Stacy in Maybell
Looking ahead . . . . .
Monday - January 18th, 2016
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day - School is in-session
- 10 a.m. Policy Management Committee meeting @ Admin (Board of Education)
- 4 p.m. District Problem Solving Committee meeting @ Admin
Tuesday - January 19th, 2016
- 3:30 p.m. Ridgeview Staff Meeting
- 5:30 p.m. District Accountability Committee @ Admin
Wednesday - January 20th, 2016
Thursday - January 21st, 2016
Friday - January 22nd, 2016
Change in Services at Maybell
We will provide services on the following dates:
January 15th and 29th
February 12th and 26th
March 11th and 25th
April 15th and 29th
May 6th and 20th
Thursday, January 14th - School Board Work Session Agenda
On Monday, January 11 at 11:30 am. Colorado superintendents, joined by parents, business and community leaders, will be speaking to education reporters and policy makers about the need to adequately fund Colorado schools.
The time is now for legislators to work in partnership with Colorado’s superintendents to find new solutions to the challenges ahead so every Colorado student receives the education they deserve. Help our school district by signing this petition.
The state board voted 7-0 in favor of hiring Crandall for the role with an effective date of Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Missoula Children's Theatre
Auditions for the Missoula Children's Theatre production of Red Riding Hood, will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m at Moffat County High School Auditorium on January 11th. There are roles for students who are Kindergarten through eighth grade. Please contact Amy @ 970-326-6561 or Jennifer @ 970-826-3109 for more information. Come and try out!! It will be fun!!
I know this is a little bit of a drive for Maybell Families, but it is a great experience and if can join in, I think the experience will be worth it!!
Too often, discussions about school funding get derailed by simplistic sound bites that may sound good, but are misleading at best. Here are a few: