Welcome Back 2022-2023
We have had a wonderful start to the 2022-2023 school year. Students and staff were excited and ready to be back in the building. Students are settling in to using lockers again and finding their way around the building. I want to thank everyone for a wonderful start and I look forward to a fun, exciting, and successful school year together!
Our cafeteria will be having a Welcome Back to School Cookout for student lunches on Friday, September 9th. We will enjoy our lunch outside (weather permitting) that day will set up a few fun activities for students too! The cost of lunch is $3.25 and there will be hamburgers and hotdogs! If you have any specific dietary questions or needs please reach out to Michelle Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please feel free to reach me by phone 440-934-3800 (ext. 5005) or email email@example.com
"Every Student, Every Classroom, Every Day!"
9/5 - Labor Day - NO SCHOOL
9/6 - Student Council Meeting (before school)
9/9 - Welcome Back Student Cookout for lunches!
9/9 - Chess Club begins (1st Friday of every month)
9/13 - Pops Choir begins
9/14 - AVON PRIDE DAY - Wear PURPLE & GOLD!
9/16 - Art Club begins (one Wednesday a month)
9/21 - Robotics Club begins
9/22 - Homecoming Parade
10/5 - School Picture Day (more info sent home closer to date)
Souper Bowl Drive
Homecoming Spirit Week
Details coming soon on the daily themes for the week of September 19th-23rd.
The parade will be on Thursday, September 22nd and begins at AHS at 6:30 PM, then concludes at the AELC around 7:15 PM.
Volleyball & Cross Country
9/7 - Avon Gold @ Home
9/7 - Avon Purple @ Midview
9/8 - Avon Gold @ E. Heights
9/8 - Avon Purple @ Home
9/8 - CC Invitational
9/10 - CC @ Brecksville
9/12 - Avon Purple @ Home
9/12 - Avon Gold @ Westwood
9/14 - Avon Purple @ Westwood
9/14 - Avon Gold @ Home
9/15 - Avon Gold @ Learwood
9/15 - Avon Purple @ Home
9/19 - Avon Gold @ Home
9/19 - Avon Purple @ N. Olmsted
9/21 - Avon Gold @ N. Ridgeville
9/21- Avon Purple @ Home
9/22 - Avon Gold @ Northwood
9/22 - Avon Purple @ Home
9/24 - CC @ Tom Clark Invitational
9/28 - Avon Purple @ Home
9/28 - Avon Gold @ Amherst
10/1 - CC @ Vermilion
10/3 - Avon Purple @ Northwood
10/3 - Avon Gold @ Home
10/5 - Avon Purple @ Home
10/5 - Avon Gold @ Olmsted Falls
A Few Reminders
2) Car Riders - Our line for drop off and pick up is in the back of the building. Please remember to pull forward so that the line of traffic can continue to move! Thank you for your patience! Cars are to pull into the South Entrance off of Long Road.
3) School Fees will not be posted until the beginning of October. If you have fees from last school year, please feel free to pay those at any time before October. Thank you!
4) If your son/daughter will be leaving early from school for a doctor's appointment/etc. please be sure to send them in with a note or notify our office in the morning. Thank you!
5) All principals met with each grade level the first week of school to go over our Middle School expectations. We will look at our student handbook and discuss different topics as well as our PBIS Reward System!
6) Safety - during our first week of school students talked about safety with their classroom teachers as well as with our SRO during grade level meetings. It is very important that if students "See Something, Say Something"! We conducted our first few safety drills during the first week as well. We did a fire drill and a full evacuation drill. Students did a fantastic job!
AMS Booster Information
AMS Boosters Donation Campaign
In an effort to support your child, their school, and its staff, your friendly Booster club is sponsoring a donation campaign. Rather than asking students and their families to spend their limited and valuable time selling items, we simply ask that you donate to our campaign. Please follow this link to donate to our cause: https://2022-amsboosters-donation.cheddarup.com
Our first meeting is this week on Wednesday, September 7th @ 7PM in the AMS Commons! We hope to see you there!
9/6 - 7th/8th Purple @ N. Ridgeville
9/13 - 7th Gold @ Home
9/13 - 8th Gold @ Olmsted Falls
9/15 -7th/8th Purple @ Olmsted Falls
9/20 - 7th/8th Purple @ Elyria
9/20 - 7th Gold @ Wadsworth
9/21 - 8th Gold @ Home
9/27 - 7th Gold @ Home
9/27 - 8th Purple @ Home
9/28 - 7th Purple @ Amherst
9/29 - 8th Gold @ Home
10/4 - 7th Purple @ Home
10/4 - 7th Gold @ Home
10/4 - 8th Gold @ Avon Lake
10/5 - 8th Purple @ Medina
10/11 - 7th Purple @ Brush
10/11 - 8th Purple @ Home
10/11 - 7th Gold @ Midview
10/11 - 8th Gold @ Home
We will be meeting all of our new students during our new student groups. These groups will run for about 3 weeks and will occur during Academic Flex Times. We will also do a meet and greet during the wheel classes for our 6th graders. We are prepping for MAP testing on September 6th (ELA) and September 7th (MATH).
Mrs. Enourato & Mrs. Speicher
7th Grade Immunizations Due
Required Immunizations: The following immunizations are required under Ohio Revised Code 3313.67. Proof of vaccination must be provided to the school prior to the 14th day of school.
- For grades 7-12, the State requires one dose of Tdap – a booster for diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis.
- For children entering seventh grade, one dose of meningococcal vaccine must be administered prior to entry