What's Going On In The World Of Danny Jones
Dates to Remember
- Choir Concert @ Willie Pigg Auditorium - December 10 - 8:00
- Band Concert @ PAC - December 10 - 7:00
- Choir and Band Holiday Tour of Schools - December 12
- STUCO Field trip - December 13
- Basketball games vs Jobe - December 13
- PTA Limo ride and pizza - December 14
- Basketball games vs Worley - December 17
- Finals week - December 17-20
- No School for students December 21
- Winter Break - December 24-January 7
- School Resumes January 8
DJ PTA Parents~ Winter Break Is Almost Here! Help us celebrate our Danny Jones Teachers & Staff Sign up to bring something to the Holiday Luncheon on Thursday, December 20th. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094ba4ab2dabf94-faculty
Winter Formal prices $7 per ticket which includes admission and picture. Concession will be sold.
NJHS Winter Formal is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 14, 2018. Get ready to wear your dressy attire. If you have any Christmas Decorations to donate, please contact Mrs. Roberson or Ms. Bailey. We are always looking for volunteers to assist in putting on this event. If you are interested please contact the school to get information on volunteering for the dance.
Craft Club is working to create Holiday Gift Cards for the children at Cook's Children Hospital. Our 1st project has started with the students creating Christmas cards for the children in Cook's Children's Hospital. We are also looking to create a beautiful gift for the teachers and staff. Any donations of scrapbook paper, markers, pipe cleaner, yarn, etc for creating crafts will be greatly appreciated. The students will also learn to bake and decorate Christmas cookies. Recipes, food items for baking, and Christmas treat bags are just a few of the items we are looking for. And we are looking for adult assistance. Contact Ms. Bailey if interested.
Theatre Arts - Awesome accomplishment
Last Friday the Theatre Department participated in the District UIL One-Act Play Contest at Timberview HS. The DJMS production of Shipwrecked! was awarded FIRST PLACE as well as honors for Best Actor: Cole Collier; All-Star Cast: Andrew Nordwick, Kenneth Turnipseed, & Zachary Rhodes; Honorable Mention Cast: Madalyn Buckley; and Honor Crew: Tyler Ferris. Ms. Baker is extremely proud of all of the hard work put in by the cast & crew and of the way they represented DJMS.
Career Day Application
I've invited you to fill out a form for Career Day. If you have any questions, please contact Tonya Willis at email@example.com or call her at 682-314-4612. Thank you for volunteering your time!
Thank you for volunteering to participate in Danny Jones Middle School's Career Day! This year Career Day will take place on Tuesday, February 26, 2019. Please take a moment to complete this presenter information sheet to help us plan for your presentation. In addition to completing this form, we will also need you to complete the volunteer background check, if you have not done so already. You can find the application here: https://mansfield.quickapp.pro/apply/applicant/new/5108?_ref=qap_session_254e6a5806cc74d59f28cd4d108ff7bceee7920f2bb2b56857cbe35146c168d8. You will need to find Jones Middle School.
Arrival and Dismissal at DJMS
- Students are to be dropped off in front of the building for arrival. The building opens at 8:10 each day. If arriving for a sport, follow the coaches directions for arrival.
- Students are to be picked up on the side or in front of the school. This is the Broad St. side or the Day Miar side of the school.
- Follow the flow of traffic through the parking lot
- Students walking home or being picked up by their parents will leave the building from the front. Students are not to leave the building from side or back exit areas.
- Keep the circle drive clear for our designated cars and buses for that area.
- Keep the area in front of the dumpsters clear. This is a no parking or standing zone.
- The bus lane is in the back of the building near the football field. This is for buses only.
- If driving in the back, be mindful that students are crossing to the field for practice before and after school.
Bandanas are not allowed has headbands.