November Tidbits #1
November 5, 2023
Parents Have Homework, Too!
Thank you for your support!
Mr. Kent and the TCES family
1. REMINDER: Safety First!
Parents, please keep in mind that our staff are not on duty to mind the crosswalk and ensure the safety of our students until 8:45 a.m. Please do not leave them unattended before that time.
2. Please share your thoughts in our SY24 TCES Guardian Survey - End of Quarter 1
At TCES, we are interested in knowing what you think of our school as we work towards creating the best environment for you and your student.
We are frequently looking for ways to meet the goal of our mission. In partnership with parents and the community, Town Creek teachers and staff strive to create a child-centered learning environment enabling all students to become successful, healthy, active learners who pursue their own, individual level of excellence. We invite you to take a moment to complete this survey to let us know where we can improve. Thank you!
3. Don't forget to complete the Acceptable Use Policy agreement.
All students are required to have an acceptable use policy agreement (AUP) on file. This is to be completed by the PARENT or GUARDIAN of the student. This needs to be completed for each student you have in the school system. At the end of the form you have the option to submit another response for your additional students.
4. IMPORTANT: Please fill out Impact Aid & Emergency Information Update forms
Online Federal Impact Aid- The school system receives federal grant funds to operate and maintain the schools for federally-connected students. To receive these federal funds, the United States Department of Education (USDE) requires the school system to survey each student.Online Federal Impact Aid Forms are now available through the Home Access Center (HAC). Once logged in, directions to access the online form can be found HERE. A video with instructions is available HERE. The form can now be accessed in Spanish by clicking on the Globe in the top right-hand corner once the form has been started. The deadline for the online submission of Federal Impact Aid Survey forms is November 14, 2023. For more guidance on how to access the Federal Impact Aid Survey, please visit HERE.
Online Emergency Information Update- Effective communication is critical to the success of St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS). This will be crucial not only for emergencies, but for our ability to communicate with families in general. Online Emergency Information Update Forms are now available through the student’s Home Access Center (HAC). Once logged in, directions to access the online form can be found HERE. A video with instructions is available HERE. Its vital that all information is updated in eSchool. The deadline for the online submission of Emergency Information Update forms is November 14, 2023.
- The first class to reach 100 percent submission will receive an ice cream social with Mr. Kent!
- Students will receive a small treat as soon as the database registers their forms (one treat for each form)! Some students received their treats today, and more will be distributed next week.
- All students will receive up to two chances to win a Town Creek Sweatshirt in a drawing at the conclusion of the submission period. (One chance per form.)
PTO Movie Night!
Join the Town Creek Elementary School PTO for the first Movie Night of the year, featuring the Disney film "Encanto," on Friday, November 17, at 5:30 p.m. The doors will open at 5:00. Consessions will be available for purchase.
Pre-register to guarantee a seat! Admission is free but seating is limited! Pre-register on line using this QR code:
Bring a blanket to sit on, but please no camp chairs. Some folding chairs will be available.
Special Education Community Night
St. Mary's County Families,
Please join us for our St. Mary's County Special Education Community Night. See below for details. This is a free event for our families, all we ask is that you register in advance so that we can plan accordingly. Please register using this quick survey.
We look forward to seeing you there!
SMCPS Department of Special Education
in partnership with Partners for Success (PFS) and Citizen's Advisory Committee for Special Education (CACSE)
Letter for 3rd Grade Parents
Flu Shot Clinics
TCES Spirit Wear
Ready to rock some new Town Creek threads? A wide variety of spirit wear is now available from hoodies to sweatpants!
Select this link to see pictures and detailed descriptions of the seven new items available in both youth and adult sizes.
To order, you can print this form and send cash or check, or you can order everything online in the My School Bucks School Store. For directions on how to order through the MSB School Store, please select this link.
The items will be delivered to your student at school as soon as they arrive at TCES.
**NOTE: Do not put money into the lunch money account for this purchase! That is a separate account from the School Store and can NOT be transferred.
Thank you to all who came out to support the Fall Festival! We hope everyone had a great time. The event raised over $3,300!
Please join us for our next general meeting on Tuesday, November 14, at 6:00 in the school's Media Center.
DON'T MISS our first MOVIE NIGHT of the year on November 17 at 5:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5:00 p.m.)
Questions? Contact PTO president Lydia Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November Calendar Events
Join us at TCES!!
- November 6th - St. Mary's County Special Education Community Night @ Evergreen ES
- November 7th - Report Card distribution via HAC
- November 10th - Schools closed in observance of Veterans Day (November 11)
- November 14th - PTO Board Meeting - 5:30 in the Media Center
- November 14th - PTO General Meeting - 6:00 in the Media Center
- November 17th - PTO Movie Night, "Encanto," at 5:30 in TCES Cafeteria (doors open at 5:00)
- November 20th - Classic Photography Retakes
- November 22nd- Thanksgiving Break (No School for students and 10-11 month employees)
- November 23rd-24th - Thanksgiving Break (All Schools and Offices Closed)