FPHS Parent and Student Memo
October 26, 2020
Dear Parents and Students,
- Students, how are your GRADES? Quarter 1 ends on November 10th. If you are not currently passing all of your classes, make an appointment now to meet with your teachers during Office Hours to get help or jump into the HW Center for help in any subject area (link below). We know that remote school is difficult, and we all want to be back in school too. But, for now, we're in remote, so we need to make the best of it. You still need to pass your classes to earn your credits for graduation. If you're feeling overwhelmed, please reach out to your teachers or counselors. They can help!
Stay tuned for more information and details. We wish you all the very best. Stay safe and be well!
Parents and Guardians, this one is for YOU!
Parents, need help checking your child's grades? Watch the video below.
October Culture Calendar
- National Bullying Prevention Month. Learn more HERE.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Learn more HERE.
- Filipino-American Heritage Month. Learn more HERE.
- Italian American Heritage Month. Learn more HERE.
- LGBT History Month. Learn more HERE.
- Dwarfism Awareness Month. Learn more HERE.
Disability History Awareness month takes place during October to increase awareness, respect, and acceptance for people with disabilities, and to bring a greater sense of pride to people with disabilities. Learn more below:
Cardinal Character Trait for October: COMPASSION
A message from our Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, Ms. Bonita Lee:
Hello FP Community,
Here at FP we understand that the current state of our nation and world in general is very stressful for many of our families. That is why we have partnered with counseling agencies to help provide additional support to students and families. If you would like help connecting with a counselor, please email Bonita Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TWO GREAT RESOURCES BELOW:
1. Free FAFSA help for Seniors from trained and knowledgeable professionals.
2. Free academic support including SAT and ACT prep for all students.
If you have any questions, please reach out.
Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
Please see this ONE time COVID-19 financial relief program available to immigrants in Washington State.
The Immigrant Relief Fund WA is providing direct cash payments to individuals who have not qualified for federal stimulus, etc. due to status and have been financially impacted by COVID.
SENIOR Yearbook Photos!
Hello Seniors!This is a reminder from your FPHS Yearbook Crew that senior portraits are due by 12/1. Below are instructions on how to upload them online (do not send photos via email). Please, remember this is for seniors only. Underclassmen who want to submit photos will have the opportunity to do so at a later date. Thanks!
Homework Center: Free Tutoring Daily
- Monday through Friday: 9am - 11am and 12:30pm - 2:30pm.
- On Wednesdays, there is an additional hour available from 3pm to 4pm.
HW Center LINK.
For the latest updates and information about 2020-21 high school sports, please visit the WIAA website HERE and watch the video from Mr. McNeil below.
For the most recent modified sport season calendar, visit HERE.
As families in the Franklin Pierce School District, there are a few items you can do to help you and your child to be ready to go for 2020-21 high school sports regardless of when that occurs:
- Make sure your son or daughter has a current physical that has been completed within the last 2 years. If it expires within the next 3-4 months, we recommend getting that taken care of as soon as possible. If you have a question about your expiration date, Please email email@example.com
- If your son or daughter had a physical while at Ford, we have those on file at FPHS and they will be transferred over.
- Follow the WIAA and Franklin Pierce HS on Facebook, Instagram, and twitter for continuous updates.
- Connect with coaches of your sport. Coaches have been given permission to host online meetings with current and prospective athletes. We know they would love to connect with families and athletes to be able to begin sharing important information.
Fall Coaches' emails:
- Football: Trevor Hanson, Thanson@fpschools.org
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls): Jesse McNeil, Jmcneil@fpschools.org
- Golf (Boys): Colin Horak, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Golf (Girls): Jeff Melvard, email@example.com
- Soccer (Girls): Kyle Wynkoop, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim & Dive (Girls): TBH
- Tennis (Boys): Tyler Parsons, email@example.com
- Volleyball (Girls): Tiffany Disney, Tdisney@fpschools.org
- Cheerleading: Rebecca Matthews, firstname.lastname@example.org
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Franklin Pierce HS Website
- FPS Remote Learning Website
- IT Help Desk for Students and Parents: 253-298-4647, 7:30AM to 4PM.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- FPS Breakfast and Lunch Program: www.fpschools.org/meals
- FPS Education Resources: https://www.fpschools.org/exended-closure-resources-and-information/closure-educational-resources
- Want to add Canvas to your phone? Android or iOS. Once you download the app, search "fpschools" to find our district.
- FPHS Facebook page.
- Information about GRADES and GRADING.
- Information about BUSES.
- District CALENDAR.
- Information about ATTENDANCE.
- How to access and use DORA.
COVID- 19 Resources:
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Gov. Inslee's COVID-19 updates web page: https://www.governor.wa.gov/tags/covid-19-coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- District resources and partners: https://www.fpschools.org/departments/family-engagement-office/community-resources
- Check with your phone and internet provider: many providers are offering free and/or unlimited data, internet etc. during the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
- Financial Resources: https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus/financial-resources