The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ November 20, 2020
Today our students will bring home their Quarter 1 Report Card. Students have worked very hard to begin this 2020-2021 school year ~ I am so proud of all they have done. Working hard while also following our new safety guidelines; wearing their face covering, washing or sanitizing their hands and social distancing. They are truly amazing! A huge SHOUT OUT to the teachers and staff for ALL the hard work they have done to support and guide our students ~ we are blessed to have each other!
This year our Parent/Teacher conferences will be held virtually on Monday, November 23rd and Tuesday, November 24th. Teachers have sent out information to their families about how to sign-up, please contact them if you have any questions.
Each of the two days of Parent/Teacher Conferences will be HALF DAY DISMISSAL days. This means:
- PRESCHOOL will dismiss at 11:00am
- K-5 will dismiss at 11:30am
- There will be NO AFTERCARE either of those days, but there will be Before Care!
We are excited to welcome Sr. Pat Trovato back to Saint Kateri School this week! She is thrilled to be able to return and our students missed her. Welcome back Sr. Pat!
May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving ~
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Welcome to Saint Kateri School!
SKS celebrated our Veterans!
NEWS from the Main Office
- Pie Order Pick-Up will be on Saturday, November 21st from 10:00am - 4:00pm. Pick-up will be as a drive-thru in the back of the Gym. Yum!
- Student Daily Health Checks should be done through Pick Up Patrol prior to 8:00am, or before your child gets on the bus in the morning. Be sure you have your information updated in PickUp Patrol. You can show your child's Green All Clear certification on your hand held device or in paper form. Please let any family members dropping off your child(ren) know about this procedure prior to coming to school. If you have any questions regarding getting PickUp Patrol set up you can contact Carrie.Pellegrino@dor.org OR Terri.Morgan@dor.org.
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 11/21: Curb side Pie Order pick up ~ 10:00-4:00 (Back Gym/Parish Center doors)
- 11/23: Half Day Dismissal (Preschool @ 11:00, K-5 @ 11:30)
- 11/23: Parent Teacher Conferences (12:00-7:00pm)
- 11/24: Half Day Dismissal (Preschool-11:00, K-5-11:30)
- 11/24: Parent Teacher Conferences (12:00-3:00pm)
- 11/25-11/27: NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Recess
- 12/1: Hot Lunch begins
- 12/1: Quiet Mass at 9:00am: 3rd/K
- 12/2: Parent's Association Meeting 6:00-7:30pm (Zoom meeting)
- 12/8: School Mass: Feast of the Immaculate Conception (5th grade)
- 12/15: Quiet Mass at 9:00am: 4th/1st
- 12/22: Quiet Mass at 9:00am: 5th/2nd
- 12/23: Advent Prayer Service
Communication from the Diocese of Rochester Department of Catholic Schools regarding the COVID-19 Screening Test
That includes SKS! Our students and staff did a phenomenal job on Wednesday ~ Thank you everyone!
Yellow Zone testing guidelines and UPDATE
Newest updated guidelines as of Monday, November 16th the 20% testing requirement will be completed over a 2 week time span. Additionally, "If the results of the testing reveal that the positivity rate among the 20% of those tested is lower than the yellow zone’s current 7-day positivity rate, testing at that school will no longer be required to continue. A positivity rate in a school that is lower than in the yellow zone is a sufficient demonstration that in-person instruction is not a significant driver of local viral spread." (from NYSDOH addendum to the guidelines 11/14/20)
New Travel Guidelines for NYS
This week Governor Cuomo announced new travel guidelines to NYS. As we are nearing the holiday season, there is growing concern that New Yorkers will travel to celebrate with their family members out of town. We ask that any families traveling out of town to please follow the guidelines, either by quarantining or "testing out" of quarantine. We want to continue to learn together in our building for as long as we are able ~ please see the new guideline update below ~
"Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines effective Wednesday, November 4th allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory.
For any traveler to New York State from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
Local health departments will validate tests, if necessary, and if a test comes back positive, will issue isolation orders and initiate contact tracing. The local health department must make contact with the state the traveler came from, to ensure contact tracing proceeds there as well. All travelers must continue to fill out our traveler form upon arrival into New York State to contribute to New York State’s robust contact tracing program.
For general inquires contact the call the Hotline: 1-888-364-3065"
Share with your friends ~
Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about our school with your friends and family members!
Want to get $500 off your tuition? Click the link below to find out how ~
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the Registration or Financial Aid process.