Merryhill School News
Math Night / Open House
If you would please help us by continuing to remind your children to make healthy decisions, as well as be reminded that children must remain symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school after illness. We want to all work together to keep our students healthy and safe. Thank you.
Lunch times are as follows:
- Toddlers - 11:30 in classroom
- Beginners - 11:30 in classroom
- Intermediates - 11:30 in classroom
- Pre-K Blue - 11:45 in classroom
- Pre-K Green - 12:00 in Rooms 206 and 207
- Pre-K Yellow - 12:00 in Preschool Cafe
- Kindergarten Spikes - 11:00 in Elementary Cafe
- KIndergarten Diaz de Leon - 11:30 in Elementary Cafe
- 1st Grade Coleman - 11:00 in Elementary Cafe
- 1st Grade Burke - 11:30 in Elementary Cafe
- 2nd Grade - 1:00 in Elementary Cafe
- 3rd Grade - 1:00 in Elementary Cafe
- 4th Grade - 12:00 in Elementary Cafe
- 5th Grade - 12:30 in Elementary Cafe
- 6th Grade - 12:30 in Elementary Cafe
Giving Without Walls - 4th Grade
Our 4th Grade students' project this quarter is titled "Improving the State of Your State." Fourth Grade studies Texas History for their Social Studies instruction; therefore, they have decided to connect with a project in our state.
They have decided to support the Battleship Texas project. The USS Texas, housed in Houston, is the last remaining battleship that participated in both World War I and World War II. This project is helping to support costly repairs to keep this piece of history alive.
They will be selling necklaces with personal information for students to wear. The necklaces are $10 / each, and order forms are available. All of the proceeds of this will be donated to the Battleship Texas Foundation.
The votes were as follows:
- "Duck for President" - 49.5%
- "Otto Runs for President"- 39%
- "My Teacher for President"-11.5%
We will have a sign up sheet on every classroom door beginning today for the Thanksgiving Break. Please sign up on your class' door if your child will be attending any or all days during that break. Please complete these no later than Wednesday, November 15th.
Please be reminded that tuition is still the same price during those weeks. Preschool students only have the option to request one vacation week per year with the following criteria:
- Must be requested in writing at least two week's in advance
- Student must have been enrolled for six consecutive months
Elementary tuition remains the same as all other school weeks.
Mark Your Calendar!!
- 12/8 Kindergarten and 1st Grade Holiday Program
- 12/8 Polar Express Family Night Event
- 12/15 2nd through 6th Grade Holiday Program
- 12/15 Parent's Night Out
- 12/21 Holiday Parties and Book Exchange
Parenting Resources - Explaining Disturbing News to Our Children
- November 10: Veteran's Day Celebration 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- November 13-17: Geography Week
- November 16: Thanksgiving Feast
- November 17: Celebrate National Epilepsy Awareness Month - wear purple to celebrate awareness
- November 17: Launch CPS Angel Tree
- November 20-24: Thanksgiving Break - no instructional classes (school open 11/20-11/22)
- November 23-24: School closed for the Thanksgiving holiday
- November 30: Positive Proof Identification Program
- December 4: CPS Angel Tree gifts due