Leader in Me January
The 7 Habits of Being a Happy and Successful Learner
What are the 7 Habits?
- Be Proactive: You are in charge of yourself. You are the one that determines how your day goes and how succesful you will be.
- Begin with the End in Mind: Always have a plan. A solid plan helps to keep yourself accountable and stay on track for your goals.
- Put First Things First: Work first, then play. Make sure you are completing the tasks that need to be done first before you go and talk with your freinds or play.
- Think Win-Win: Everyone can win. Winning looks different for every person. It is important to remember that we can all win in our own ways.
- Seek First to Understand: Listen before talking. Make sure you understand what others are saying and where they come from so that you can be understood in turn.
- Synergize: Work Together. It is important to know when to ask for help. Together is better!
- Sharpen the Saw: Balance feels best. It is important to take care of yourself as much as it is important to complete your work. It is necessary to know when to step back so that you can recharge and start your task fresh.
Our Habit of the Month is . . .
Quote of the Month
Leader in History: Martin Luther King
Martin Luther King Jr. was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia. King, a Baptist minister and civil-rights activist, had a seismic impact on race relations in the United States, beginning in the mid-1950s. Among his many efforts, King headed the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Through his activism and inspirational speeches he played a pivotal role in ending the legal segregation of African-American citizens in the United States, as well as the creation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. King received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, among several other honors. He was assassinated in April 1968, and continues to be remembered as one of the most influential and inspirational African-American leaders in history.
Letter to the Editor
Alright, now it's time for you to be a leader! Send to us how you are using the 7 Habits at home. Please send any pictures, comments, questions, or testimonials to our email. Selected submissions will make it into our January Newsletter. Show us how you are being leaders at home! We look forward to your contributions soon!
Leaders at Home Activities
Now it's the students time to shine! Students at Dixon Elementary can respond to a survey in the library to let the school and their community know about how they feel about the 7 Habits. We are also looking for student submissions for leadership, be they stories, photographs, or community projects. We look forward to show casing our student leaders of tomorrow in this section soon!
Now that you've read our newsletter . . .
Please leave us some feedback on your way out!