What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley School Newsletter: September 16, 2018 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
The year continues to roll along despite some weather challenges (heat and rain). Although a shortened week, with a rained-out Ice Cream Social (new date 9/24), we had a successful Evacuation Drill and a Lock Down Drill, Picture Day was terrific, and exciting learning is all around.
I am excited for some face time this week with all of you during Open House, and for you to get to meet your child's teacher and learn more about the upcoming year.
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
Here is the breakdown of presentations:
- Monday, 9/17: Grade 3, Grade 4, Mrs. Davies, Mrs Fries- (6:30-7:00 PM in the gym and 7:00-8:00 PM in classrooms)
- Thursday, 9/20: Kindergarten (minus Mrs. Fries), Grade 1 (minus Mrs. Davies), Grade 2- (6:30-7:00 PM in the gym and 7:00-8:00 PM in classrooms)
Your understanding and support of the change of dates due to heat is appreciated
as we realize it may have created a hardship for some.
Morning Drop-Off Change Starting FRIDAY, 9/21/18.
Starting Friday, the back doors, with staff supervision, will close at 9:00 AM, even if cars are in line. Students arriving after that time will need to be brought in the main entrance and signed in by an adult. FYI- students arriving after 9:05 AM are marked late.
I thank you for your continued support of your child's education,
and as always, feel free to call me with any questions.
From the PTA......
Spirit Wear: The new designs are in. Order today and have your new Hawley Wear before the first School Spirit Day. If you don't have your order form, click here!
Membership: What favorite Hawley event has become tradition for your family? Sundae Social.....The Book Fair.....Field Day.....Family Movie Nights.....After-School Activities.....International Night.....Kids Care Club...
The Hawley PTA is happy to offer events like these to our school community and would love for everyone to be a part of the organization.
- helps the PTA produce these positive events all year long
- makes it possible for you to volunteer whenever you are able
- allows you to vote on PTA business such as electing officers and determining how to distribute funds to best help our students and teachers at Hawley
- helps you and your child reach out to new friends and old through your own copy of the popular Hawley Directory
Click here for a membership application and make joining and supporting your Hawley PTA another tradition for your family.
Thank you to the 100 families who have joined already. Welcome to a new year!
Out of the mouths of babes.....
Mr. M was visiting a kindergarten classroom. A sweet little angel gave him a hug and said, "Good Morning Mr. M."
Mr. M responded, "Good Morning"
The girl then asked, "Where is the door?"
"What door?" Mr. M inquired
"The one that lets you in the wall" the girl replied
"Why do you think I go in the wall?" a confused Mr. M asked
The girl pointed to the speaker and said, "Because that's where you say good morning from and the pledge and always talk out of."