End of Year Email Transition
CHS and MPHS
- The direct URL is portal.office.com
- You will sign in with your entire email address!
- This will be an icon on our symbaloo as well.
- At home you will be asked for your password. It may ask you twice to enter your log in information. That is ok, enter it again.
Become familiar with Microsoft OneDrive. Make sure to clean out your H:/ Drive and any documents that you have saved on your actual computer. You can put them on your OneDrive now. I highly recommend another backup of your documents also (flashdrive, external hard drive, or CD).
Install 5 copies at home
Use the install button on personal devices to install copies of Office. You can find the install button on the main page of the Office 365 portal. Do not install these on school owned devices. It will waste one of your licenses.
2. Will our teacher computers have the new full version of Office?
Yes, there is no need to install the software on your school owned laptop. The new image will have the new software!
3. Can we access our documents anywhere?
Yes, as with all cloud based systems, you can access your OneDrive everywhere!
4. Can you share OneDrive docs like you can in Google?
Yes! You can collaborate fully in 365. We will learn more about this in the fall!
5. Will we still have access to email archive manager?
6. Will we still have a shared folder?
With 365 there is no need for a shared folder. Students and colleagues can instantly "share" documents and work from your from the web! The Shared Drive as you know it will not be accessible next year.
7. Will we still have a desktop version of Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. on the school computer?
Yes. You will still have these applications on the desktop like you do now. It will be the 2013 version!