Music was Invented to Confirm
Chapter 8, p. 49.
“Sometimes I watched the little monkeys practice jumping from tree to tree. . . . The sounds of branches snapping off trees became my music. There were certain days when the sounds of the branches breaking made a consistent rhythm that I would enjoy very much, and the sonority of it would echo for a while and would gradually fade into the depths of the forest.”
- Why we chose this quote?
- We chose this quote because it contains one of the five senses which is sound. It also portrays one of the major themes of this story, solitude.
- Why you chose to depict the image in the way that you did?
- This image really makes you feel the emptiness within Ishmael and the forest. The Black and White effect makes it perfect for the emotion.
- Why the quote is important to the story?
- The quote is important to the story because it represents the physical and emotional isolation that Ishmael was facing when he got lost 5 days in the forest. He found refuge with the sounds of nature which give him company and keep his mind busy.
We can relate!
-By: Cielo Segura and Deysy Vazquez