This Week at Remynse
Busy and Fun Week Ahead!
I want to thank all of you for hanging in there this past week. It was a tough week with having CAs, DRA/EDL and DMA testing, Hour of Code Activities, a late night event on Tuesday and a long staff meeting on Thursday. I appreciate how you all hung in there and tried to stay positive even when I know you are feeling stressed. I usually try my best not to plan two late nights in a week. The PD we completed on Thursday had to be completed before the end of the semester in order to move on to the next phase of our PBIS implementation. I want to thank you for having an open mind when hearing about our discipline data. It is never easy to look at the data and where we, as a staff, can improve. I ask that you reflect on this information and think about how we are going to work as a family to help our students improve in their citizenship. I know we are also reflecting on how we can best support you. I hope you know that we are here to work as a team with you.
I want to give some shout outs to Ms. V. Lowe, Ms. Seabrook, and Mrs. Kruckemeyer for organizing our Hour of Code Activities. Thank you to all of the teachers and students that participated in coding activities this week. We had many guests in the building last week that have sent me emails about how impressed they were with our students and staff. They loved the family feel at Remynse! From this event, we are now forming a partnership with Sam Houston High School and the Ready, Set, Teach Program. The students loved what they saw at our school and want to learn from you!
As we wrap up, I want to share a some news with our family. I made sure it was okay to share this news with everyone. Our wonderful music teacher, Ms. Ivey, has notified me that she has decided to retire in May. She has given Remynse many great school years. Although this is sad news for our family, I am happy for the adventures that lie ahead for Ms. Ivey. Please join me in thanking her for her time at Remynse. I know she will make the next semester the best yet for our students.
Science Night at the Museum was a success!
Thanks to Mrs. Kruckemeyer and everyone that participated in the Spelling Bee
Remynse Art display at the PDC-Thank you, Mrs. E. Lowe
Dates to Remember
- visit from Dr. Haubrich at 1:30 for classroom visits
- ARD meetings
- Breakfast treats in the lounge for staff
Tuesday, December 15th
- Ozuna in meeting on campus at 8:45 am and at 12:15 pm
- No PLCS today, but will have a substitute cover classes for 3-6 grade teachers to go over CA2 data (tentative based on sub coverage)
- Leadership Team "Choir" Singing
Wednesday, December 16th
- Will continue pulling 3-6 grade teachers to go over CA2 data
- ARD meetings
- HERO ticket party at 2:30 pm
- Polar Express Day-Students and staff wear pajamas to school
Thursday, December 17th
- Sing-a-Long at 9:00 am in the cafeteria
- Volleyball game at 1:45 pm
- Faculty Meeting (brief for a quick activity-1st Annual Remynse Ugly Sweater Fashion Show)
- Faculty Holiday Party at 5:30 pm at Beto's-Be sure to RSVP with Ms. Bryant this week
- Reading Academy from 3:30-7:30 pm
- Ugly Christmas/Winter Sweater Day
Friday, December 19th
- Early Release Day
- Class party day
- Warm up day for faculty
Monday, January 4th
- Teacher Work Day
Tuesday, January 5th
- Staff Development Day
Wednesday, January 6th
- Students Return
- MAVS Man Assembly in the afternoon