Mrs. Barton's Busy Bees
November 15, 2015
American Education Week!
Check and see if the book your child is reading at home has an AR quiz available. There is now a tile on Symbaloo for AR Book Find.
In November I will send home a book order for November that will include a holiday book selection. There will not be a December order. If you would like me to hold any orders for holiday presents, please let me know! The class code is GZVLJ.
Skills at a Glance
This past week we.....
- identified long i patterns in phonics
- identified open syllables in phonics
- learned about similes in grammar
- identified present tense verbs grammar
- learned how use text features to clarify the meaning of the text in reading
- began the narrative writing process reading
- identified 2 and 3 d shapes in math
- identified time to the 5 minutes in math
- created arrays to solve double addition problems in math
- continued our Eco-Adventurers unit in science by learning about rainforest and ocean habitats
Click here to complete an activity on Spelling City! Click Search- Teacher/Parent- type my name in Laura Barton. My list will be the first Laura Barton. In the message to parents I have "JES students".