Internal Newsletter (March)
Purposeful, Action Oriented and Collaborative.
Back to university life...
It has being a makan-makan month
It has being a hardworking month
You may walk fast if you walk alone, but you will walk far if WE walk together.
1. UiTM EPRD
2. UNIMAS EPRD
3. SOP for OGX (With SOP, we are consistent)
4. Internal raising with TM. OGX gathering (bo jio!! hahaha)
Next month update:
1. UCTS EPRD (UCTS = University College of Technology Sarawak)
2. UMS EPRD (UMS = Universiti Malaysia Sabah)
3. Matching internal raising members (Lai, fast fast find project and fast fast buy cheap ticket.)
4. EP LEAD with TM
Current month update:
18-19 UiTM RD (Amelia)
21-22 BCCK education fair (Timothy)
23-25 First round RD UNIMAS (Mandy)
30March -1st April 2nd round RD UNIMAS (Mandy)
2) Compendium Finalisation
3) IAD engagement (IAD = International Affair Division, located at CAUH)
4) Introduction of cold calling tracker
1) Follow up with our Why Waste Food Project's stakeholders as our project timeline has been changed.
2) Preparing for slides for Why Waste Food Project
3) Attended decomposing food waste work shop during 22nd March 2015 to gain knowledge on food waste and ways to decompose food organically.
4) Our project for Why Waste Food has been delayed.
1) Engagement for more NGOs. Aim to engage 5 NGOs and raise 5 projects.
2) Timeline Planning for all PBox and NGOs.
3) Food Waste Workshops for high schools.
4) OC recruitment for summer peak.
1. AG for EPRD
2. Planning on upcoming session
3. Recruitment for OC
4. IXP together with OGCP
1. Assist in EPC (EP Conference)
2. EP LEAD
3. Session Planning Training
4. Facilitate EP Experience Training
From Zero to Hero
Although we have some goal for us to achieve, but what happen during achieving the goal is quite remarkable as all of us started from zero, until now, a hero that drive exchange.
The hero is often simply an ordinary person in extraordinary circumstances, who, despite the odds being stacked against him or her, typically prevails in the end. Each and everyone of us are undeniably an ordinary student. We can select an ordinary university life, go lecture and tutorial, stay in the room watching running man (I don't know why this example always being cited)....
Remember how were you feeling when you received this email?
Excited? Anxious? Sad? Happy?
You started as an ordinary person with ordinary life.
But you choose to live an extraordinary life
and unleash your full potential in university life.
ALL OF THESE CANNOT BE ACHIEVED
So, do you know yourself better now?
From the Editor
Leadership is not an exclusive club for those who were "born with it". When I ask people why you don't run for VP position, these are the most answer I obtained from it.
I am not ready.
I am not born with leadership potential.
Leadership is developed, not discovered. You can buy a few books that enlighten on leadership skills, but you must buy yourself a desire to lead.
Difference among them?
- Knowing how to do the job is the accomplishment of labour.
- Showing others is the accomplishment of teacher.
- Making sure the work is done by others is the accomplishment of a manager.
- Inspiring others to do better work is the accomplishment of a leader.
To be honest, the higher you go, the higher the level of commitment. I have work in AIESEC stuff for more than 10 hours per week (SEE AIESEC. :p). I have reflected on it to find whether I am effective or not during the duration. I have to admit, not all of them are effective. But, it is life anyway, not all of the "agenda" that happens in our daily life need to be both effective and efficient.
However, I always ask myself some questions before I kick start the day.
What is required of me?
What gives me the greatest return?
What is the priority for the day?
Am I taking too much of that?
These questions are not meant to enhance productivity, but it is essential to make the day purposeful. Otherwise, one day gone and never come back again. Bye bye
I am not yet in the position that can empower and inspire other people easily, but I believe in the higher you go, the greater you growth. In Malay, we normally translate it into: "Belum Cuba Belum Tahu, Sekali Cuba Tiap-Tiap Hari Mau." :p
Say YES to our dream!!!
"We develop action-driven youth leaders towards a united Malaysia"
See Ke Han
Team Member 2014/2015
AIESEC in University Malaysia Sarawak