Family Friday Focus Sept.11, 2020
Rick Marcotte Central School Princpal Kathleen Kilbourne
RMCS PICTURE DAYS
Sept 14- Group Mon/Tues (BLUE)
Sept 16- Remote Students from 9-11am
Sept 17- Group Thurs/Fri (GREY)
All students will be photographed on these days. Hybrid students in Group A during school on Monday and hybrid students in Group B during school on Thursday.
This year we are offering drive up portraits for fully remote students on Wednesday. These portraits will be first come first served outside the school from 9-11am.
Approximately 3 weeks after portrait day your child will bring home a personally customized order form envelope. There will be 5-6 different poses of your child printed directly onto your envelope for you to choose from. Prints or packages can be purchased of multiple poses. There is no need to pick just one! Envelopes will be due back to your school on a specific day, usually 10 days later. Order envelopes are the most economical way to purchase portraits. Images will also be available online for ordering. You will log in using your child’s student ID#, which can be found on their order form. Please note, when ordering online you are ordering as an individual and no longer receiving the benefits of volume ordering with the school. Prices online are higher than envelope pricing. We do offer a 25% discount for the first two weeks of online ordering to help offset this price increase. Please use your discount code: RMCS21. Online orders are mailed directly to your home. There are also additional products available online.
Sibling Portraits are available! No need to sign up. Just stop by any time to either session and sign in when you arrive. We will photograph the children in that order: Saturday, Sept 12 th from 8 – 10 am at RMCS and from 11 am – 1 pm at Orchard School. We are looking forward to photographing your student!
REQUIRED ANNUAL STUDENT UPDATES AND REGISTRATION...NEW AND IMPROVED!
THESE ON LINE FORMS NEED TO BE UPDATED PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY THE STUDENT ATTENDS SCHOOL AT RMCS:
South Burlington School District is excited to begin Annual Student Updates and Registration for the 2020-2021 school year.
These online forms can be found within your PowerSchool Parent Portal and takes the place of the thick packet of papers that have previously been mailed home to families from the schools each summer.
Please take the time to complete these forms that:
- Register your student for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Verify and update emergency contact information
- Communicate important health information
- Sign student laptop/device agreements
To begin, please click this link to login to the PowerSchool Parent Portal: https://sbsdvt.powerschool.com. Once logged in, click “Forms” from the left navigation bar and choose “Update A. Getting Started: Returning Students.” The forms should take 5-15 minutes to complete, per student.
Trouble Logging in?
Please click “Forgot Username or Password?”
- Reminder: Please check your Junk box if a reset email is not received.
If you do not have a PowerSchool Portal Account or require more support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual schools can be contacted at:
PreKindergarten/Act 166: PreK_Reg@sbschools.net
Gertrude E. Chamberlin School: Chamb_Reg@sbschools.net
Orchard School: Orch_Reg@sbschools.net
Rick Marcotte Central School: RMCS_Reg@sbschools.net
Frederick H. Tuttle Middle School: FHTMS_Reg@sbschools.net
South Burlington High School: SBHS_Reg@sbschools.net
Thank you for your time. Completion of these forms will help ensure that we have the most current and accurate information for your students, allowing us to improve communications and better serve our families.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL AT RMCS
PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENTS ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR TO EXIT ONTO THE SIDEWALK SAFELY.
Students riding the bus in the morning will be dropped off at the school, be greeted by our health screeners and walk to the front door of the school. Bus drop offs will be 7:50 to 8:10 AM.Drop off includes in a parents car, walker, or bike rider.
8:10- 8:20 AM - Drop off for Pre-K, 1st, 3rd, and 5th Grade students, along with their older siblings.
8:20-8:30 AM - Drop off for K, 2nd, and 4th Grade students, along with their older siblings.
Drop off will be at the larger parking lot on the curb. Since we know the greatest risk on contracting Covid is adult to adult, parents/caregivers must stay in their cars and will not be allowed in the building. Health screenings will be completed from your car. If possible, please have your child in the seat closest to the building. We ask that drivers not leave until the child(ren) have passed the health screening.We will be screening six cars at a time. Please be patient.
2:20 PM - Students riding the bus in the afternoon will be dismissed through the front doors.
2:30-2:40 PM - Dismissal for Pre-K, 1st, 3rd and 5th Grade students, along with their older siblings.
2:40-2:50 PM - Dismissal for K, 2nd, and 4th Grade students, along with their older siblings.
Please be sure your child knows the vehicle of the person coming to get them, and please don't come earlier or later than your pick up time.
RMCS SUBSTITUTE OPENINGS- Open positions at this time!
How to Wash Your Hands and Stay Safe at RMCS
APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATIONS FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH IF YOU THINK YOUR FAMILY MIGHT QUALIFY. THESE APPLICATIONS HAVE TO BE FILLED OUT EVERY YEAR IN SEPTEMBER FOR YOUR CHILD TO QUALIFY. SPECIFIC GUIDELINES TO QUALIFY ARE IN THE DIRECTIONS. THIS INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL AND ONLY SHARED WITH OUR NUTRITIONAL SERVICES STAFF. YOU CAN PUT THIS IN AN ENVELOPE MARKED "NUTRITIONAL SERVICES" AND RETURN WITH YOUR CHILD, OR MAIL TO 262 WHITE STREET, SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT.
DIRECTIONS AND APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH (English)
DIRECTIONS AND APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH (Spanish)
DIRECTIONS AND APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH (Nepali)
NUTRITIONAL SERVICES UPDATES FOR SCHOOL RE-OPENING
Nutritional Services in cooperation with transportation and security will continue to serve meals through August 30th under the nationwide area eligibility waiver from the USDA. Special accommodations will be made for any families that request additional support until school begins on September 8th. Please contact Rhonda Ketner, email@example.com or 802-652-7160 for questions/assistance.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended its waivers on meal pattern flexibility, congregate meals, meal times, and parent and guardian meal pickup through June 30, 2021. This will allow us to continue to operate smoothly in the event of another school closure as well as serve meals in nontraditional areas, such as the classroom.
Based on guidance from the USDA and VT AOE and in an effort to limit touch points, the following changes in meal service will occur:
- Meals will be unitized and packaged in recyclable, covered, meal trays or containers. This will allow for easy service in or outside of the cafeteria.
- The same meal components will be served to every student, unless there is a documented allergy, those meals will be modified to meet the needs of the individual. Chocolate milk will not be offered under this model. There will only be one meal option.
- Meals will be available via bus delivery to all students on the days they are engaged in remote learning. These meals will need to be ordered in advance, via an online ordering survey that will be sent to parents on a weekly basis.
- There will be two menus for each school, an onsite and a remote menu. At the beginning of the year all meals being delivered by bus to remote learners will be cold lunches. As the year progresses and we get used to the new “normal” we will expand those offerings.
- Breakfast will be served in the classroom, there will be at least 2 options daily.
- Silverware will be prepackaged with napkins.
- Condiments will be served in individualized portions.
- The Point of sales system will be touchless.
- Salad bars and self-service stations will be closed.
- Cashiers will not be handling cash during meal service. No payments will be processed at the registers.
- After careful consideration it was decided that we need to adjust the meal prices to help cover the costs of unitizing meals and packaging. The prices for elementary schools are: Breakfast $2.50 and Lunch $3.50.