The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/26/2017
Sixth grade musicians perfecting their craft for the December 6th Winter Concert!
We love a great day-before-Thanksgiving design challenge!
Historians use their knowledge of the American Revolution to break out of their Breakout EDU box.
All-Shore Intermediate Band
- Giulia DeFabritus, percussion
- Aiko Akiyama, flute
- Chris Wertz, oboe (also successfully auditioned on flute!)
This event sold out last year, and we anticipate another great turnout! If you'd like to purchase an ad in our event program, please see the attached link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YTMyK2jPn2-7QnfVYGc5UAXXy1fx3S7C/view?usp=sharing
- Exciting News! The next time (every time!) you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
- Our next PTO meeting is Thursday, January 11, 2018 @ 8:30am in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
A Gift from the Heart
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Chess Club is for all students.
- Our first meeting will be Monday, Dec 4th.
- All meetings will be held in the STEAM Center from 2:16pm to 3:30pm.
- Chess Club will continue every full Monday until June.
- Cost is $5 per student per class. You can pay cash or make out check to DDE PTO.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to pick up the student at 3:30pm from the school.
- Mr. Mullanaphy will be the Chess Instructor for Eisenhower.
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, December 6: Winter Concert
- Thursday, December 7: Make Up Picture Day
- Friday, December 22: Early Dismissal
- Saturday, December 23 through Monday, January 1: School Closed
- Tuesday, January 2: Welcome Back!
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook Bingo
8th Grade Information
- Parent yearbook ads may be purchased between now and December 17th. No parent ads will be accepted after December 17th. Please check your email for more information.
- Questions? Please email: email@example.com
The Eisenhower Words of Wisdom Club and the Eisenhower Student Government are co-sponsoring a food drive in partnership with Fulfill thru Friday, December 1st.
Please note: The Eisenhower Toys for Tots Drive in partnership with the U.S. Marine Corps will begin on Monday, December 4th (i.e. We will be collecting "New" and "Unwrapped" Toys.
Please find listed below the food drive data collection by grade/division.
- 6th Grade = 265
- 7th Grade = 262
- 8th Grade = 1,032 (1st Place as of 11-21-17)
- Staff = 469 (making a strong rally)
Total Canned/Packaged Goods Donated: 2,028 /Goal of 3,500+ Canned
Goods/Packaged Goods = Attained 57.94 % of goal