Duong Do (MPA '13) is now Academic Assistant Manager at IEG global in Vietnam.
Carly Hicks (Nonprofit Certificate '14) is now Patient Experience Manager at Allegheny Health Network in Greater Pittsburgh Area.
Hallie Martenson (Nonprofit Certificate '15) is now the Director of Development and Communications at Pig Iron Theatre in Philadelphia, PA.
Stephanie Myers (MPA '15) is now Academic Counselor at the University of North Texas in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX.
Keith Nguyen (MPA '15) is now Watch Analyst at U.S. Department of Homeland Security in Manassas, VA.
Tolu Omodara (Current MPA Student) delivered a presentation on Thursday, January 28, 2018 entitled “The Role of Community Leaders in Ensuring Education Equity,” at Villanova’s Freedom School in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s holiday.
Allison Saras (MPA '09) is now Director of Alumni and Development at Shady Side Academy in Fox Chapel, PA.
Kristin Seale (MPA '16) was elected to the to the Rose Tree Media School District Board of School Directors in Media, PA.
Dr. Catherine Wilson (Chair, Department of Public Administration) visited the Coatesville VA Medical Center with her undergraduate class to learn about veteran services. Thanks to Sean Halbom, Villanova MPA alum and Director of Veteran Affairs for Montgomery County, for organizing. To view the picture from their trip please click here.
Inter University Conversation on Race - Co Sponsered by Eastern University
April 3, 2018 at 7:00pm
Houston Hall of Flags (The University of Pennsylvania)
Please click here for more information.
BRIDGE Society Mentoring and Networking Event: Careers in Non-profits, Education, Psychology, and Service
Date, Time, and Location
Mon, April 16, 2018
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
800 E. Lancaster Avenue
West Lounge of Dougherty Hall
Villanova, PA 19085
To register please click here.
MPA Student and Alumni Spotlights
Alumni Spotlight - Keith Nguyen (MPA ‘15)
Student Spotlight – Larry Emmons
Meet Larry, one of our excellent current online MPA students! After High school, Larry started his lifelong dream of being in the Air Force and completed almost six years of service. After being honorably discharged, he went to Purdue University and studied Industrial Engineering. To read more please click here.
Student Spotlight - Tolu Omodara
Important Dates to Know!
Summer and Fall 2018 Class Schedule
- Summer 2018 Class Schedule Available Online: February 26, 2018
- Fall 2018 Class Schedule Available Online: March 12, 2018
- Fall 2018 Registration Advising Begins: March 16, 2018
Summer 2018 Comprehensive Exam
- Exam Date: July 14, 2018
- Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
- September 2018 Graduation Application Deadline: June 15, 2018*
- *September 2018 graduates may request permission to participate in the May 2018 Commencement Ceremonies. Details can be found below:
- Graduate students planning to graduate at the end of Summer 2018 (conferral date of degree: September 1, 2018) may participate in the Commencement ceremony in May by completing the form entitled “Permission to Participate in May Commencement.” Please open the link here, then scroll to the paragraph entitled “What If I Don’t Finish My Requirements Until Summer or Fall?” Please be sure to submit the form to your program director by no later than March 31st.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Permission to Participate in May Commencement Form is separate from the actual registration graduation form to be awarded your diploma. To have your degree conferred on September 1, 2018, please register to graduate within the application submission dates, i.e., February 1 to June 15. See full details on the Graduate Studies Graduation Information Webpage.
Commencement Weekend 2018: May 18-19, 2018
- NOTE: All December 2017, September 2017, and May 2018 graduates are invited to participate in the May 2018 Commencement Ceremonies.
- PAA Induction Ceremony - May 17th at 5:30pm
- MPA Graduation Brunch - May 19th at 11:00am
- Graduate CLAS Convocation - May 19th at 2:00pm
- For the full schedule, a list of area hotels, and more visit the University Commencement page here.
Graduate Academic Calendars
Executive Director for External Relations - West Chester University in West Chester, PA. Please click here for more information.
Executive Director and Director of Giving Programs and Campaign Initiatives - Bridgewater State University Foundation in Bridgewater, MA. Please click here for more information.
Program Manager, Philadelphia PLUS - TNTP in Philadelphia, PA. Please click here for more information.
Manager, 2-1-1 - United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey in Philadelphia, PA. Please click here for more information.
Sr. Dir, Local Govt Affairs & Advocacy - Comcast in Philadelphia, PA. Please click here for more information.
Admissions Manager - City Year in Philadelphia, PA. Please click here for more information.
Program Director - Twist Out Cancer in Philadelphia, PA. Please click here for more information.
Assistant to the Manager - Ferguson Township in Ferguson, PA. Please click here for more information.
Institutional Giving Coordinator - The Franklin Institute in the Greater Philadelphia Area. Please click here for more information.
Housing Stabilization Specialist - Lutheran Settlement House in the Greater Philadelphia Area. Please click here for more information.
Internships and Fellowships
2018 Internship Opportunity - Institute on Comparative Political & Economic Systems in Washington, DC. Please click here for more information.
Summer 2018 Paid Summer Internship for Graduate Public Policy/Administration Students with an interest in Diversity, Data Analysis, and Survey Design - The Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) in Washington, DC. Please click here for more information.
Want to Help an Aspiring Villanova Undergraduate Student interested in Public Service? Say Yes to Being a Mentor! One of the major strengths of our Villanova MPA is the community connections we have with you - our outstanding alumni and current students. We would love to share this strength with aspiring undergraduate students enrolled in our Public Service & Administration minor. The new mentoring program will connect undergraduate students who want to learn more about public service as a profession with our network of Villanova MPA public service leaders. Interested in helping out? Please email Professor Lauren Miltenberger at email@example.com to learn more about the new mentoring program.
$1,000 to $10,000 Scholarships - National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) 2018 Scholarships & 2018 Student Poster Contest - Deadline March 9, 2018
In conjunction with its annual conference, FORUM 2018, NFBPA will again award scholarships to eligible students. The scholarships range from $1,000 to $10,000 and will be awarded during FORUM 2018 which will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, April 18 -22, 2018. To learn more please click here.
Graduate Student Researcher Opportunity - Council of Graduate Schools. To reach more about this opportunity please click here.
Join the Nova Network - Villanova's Social and Professional Networking Platform
The Nova Network is Villanova's official, new social and professional networking platform!
Click here to join the Nova Network to find Villanovans in your industry and local area, discuss career-related topics and access resources for your professional development.