By Brianna Anderson
WHY DID I CHOOSE 13?
- 13 is a prime number
- the first 5 multiples of 13 are,13: 26, 39, 52, 65, and 78.
- 13 is not square but 169 is a square number of 13
- 13 to the thirteenth power is 109
- An Expo marker is about 13 inches long
THE 13TH AMENDMENT
TAYLOR TALKS ABOUT HER "LUCKY NUMBER"
Taylor Swift has been sighted around London with the number 13 on her hand. For some people, 13 is bad luck, but for Taylor it was lucky.
"The significance of the number 13 on my hand ... I paint this on my hand before every show because 13 is my lucky number... for a lot of reasons," she said. "It's really weird.I was born on the 13th. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th. My first album went gold in 13 weeks. My first #1 song had a 13-second intro," she said. "Every time I've won an award I've been seated in either the 13th seat, the 13th row, the 13th section or row M, which is the 13th number... I mean letter. Basically whenever a 13 comes up in my life, it's a good thing."
- there use to be 13 colonys.
- people think that 13 is unlucky (unless you are Chinese they consider 13 very lucky)
- Family Channel has "13 nights of Halloween"
- There are 13 notes, by inclusive counting, in a full chromatic musical octave.
- the 13th letter is m