Montclair Weekly Top Five
UPDATES AND REMINDERS FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 29- SEPTEMBER 2
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Buses: Please make sure that all parents who have students who are bus riders download the " Here Comes the Bus" app using the QR Code below. This application allows parents to navigate the bus routes, and parents will be able to see in real-time the school bus's location.
- Parents, please do not put your students on the bus unless you have received confirmation from Mr. Gillespie, as this is a safety concern.
- Parents with students in 1st-2nd who ride the school bus can fill out Bus Stop Authorization Form. The Bus Stop Release Authorization form is to be completed if you would like your students to be released from the bus unaccompanied by an adult. If parents with students in Pre-K-2nd Grade are not visible at the bus stop during drop-off, the bus drivers are authorized to bring students back to the school to be picked up.
- Car Riders: Parents, thank you for this week's assistance and patience. Please make sure that your car number is visible for student pick-up. In the morning time, please stay in your vehicle in line unless you need assistance from our front office.
- Beginning of Grade Assessment for 3rd Grade: Third Grade Students will take the Beginning of Grade Third Grade Reading Test. The test date is set for September 14, 2022. The BOG3 is not a pass or fail test; it is an assessment for our Third Grade team to see where the students are and where we would need to get them to become academically proficient. We aim to ensure that all our students are reading on or above grade level. Please encourage your students not to stress about the test but to try to do their very best. This week their homeroom teacher sent home a parent letter discussing the purpose of this assessment. You must bring your child to school on time so they can assess. The BOG3 will begin no later than 9:00, so please have them rested and ready. If you have questions about testing, don't hesitate to contact Mr.Gillespie, the Test Coordinator.
- Bikes: Students who ride to school should have a bike chain locked at our bike station.
- Classdojo: If you have not signed up for Classdojo, please ensure you do, as our staff members use this to communicate with families and keep you updated about classroom and school activities. Classdojo is also a way for parents to contact teachers and members of the Administration Team.
- Contact Information/Parent Link: If parents change their phone number, please contact our front office and get that information to our Data Manager, Ms. McIntyre. She will update it in our system, and we will be able to contact you as needed. The Administration also utilizes Parentlink to contact our families about important matters that will need your attention.
A Message from The Administration Team
Happy Friday to our Montclair Families,
On behalf of the Staff at Montclair Elementary School, we would like to thank our families for a fantastic first week of school. We were excited to see our returning students and our new Montclair family members, and we are thrilled to continue this positive climate and working relationship with our families.
This year Montclair's Slogan is "Begin with the End in Mind." We aspire to have all of our stakeholders have an end goal for the end of the school year and let that be the driving goal throughout the school year. We want our families to reflect on what outcomes they would like to accomplish by the end of the school year. The staff members have an ending goal of Increase Student Achievement " ISA." One Academic goal for this year is to ensure that all our students are on-level readers by the end of the 2022-2023 School Year. Parents, we can not do this without your continued support.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to contact a member of the Administration Team. Please allow 24-48 hours for one of us to get back to you, except for an emergency. If you cannot get a hold of Mr. Gillespie via school phone, please send me a Classdojo message.
We look forward to an effective partnership with our families and an excellent school.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages our students' growth and development.
We are committed to:
- The enhancement of positive character traits
- Achievement of academic excellence
- Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness.