WISD Data Team Presents Edition #8
22-23 CEPI Deadlines At-A-Glance
Count Day Prep
- Macomb Intermediate School District built the MISDmsds utility used by all our local districts. Please take a look at their recently update resources and documentation by visiting https://www.misd.net/mt/misdmsds.html
- The Pupil Accounting manual for the 22/23 has been released and is accessible here.
Monica Hill and Julie Ziesemer, our Washtenaw County auditors have created documents to aid in the 2022-2023 Fall General Collection.
If you need assistance for compliancy questions, please send an email to Monica and Julie. Include your district and focus of your question on the subject line of your email.
Monica Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Ziesemer: email@example.com
Happy fall! 🌰 🍂
Count Dates in PowerSchool
Manually execute 3 times a year:
- In August, before school starts, after EOY roll-up.
- The first of February, before spring count, when Section 25e is complete.
- The first of April, after spring count has been completed.
Where do I go to do this?
- Log into PowerSchool, at the district level, in the current year.
- Go to the menu item Setup, then down to District.
- Go to District Information, then down to District Info.
*Districts may have reports they created for count purposes that involve manually changing a date.
Bull Valley DocumentLok
The WISD School Board approved the purchase of a new document management system, Bull Valley Software Documentlok, to replace CEO Imaging due to security concerns. We have started discovery/development meetings with Bull Valley’s Development Team. Once we establish a timeline, we will communicate it with SEAM and the PSSP users as we did during the last conversion from Jackson ISD. For information on the system, please visit:
MIDataHub Start of Year Checklist
1. Log into the MIDataHub Operations Cockpit and verify that the PowerSchool integration is set to the current school year.
2. In PowerSchool, Navigate to the System menu and scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Data Exchange section.
3. Click on General Setup and verify that only the current school year is checked. Data Changes, Download, Publish, and Unique ID should be checked if desired.
4. Navigate back to the System menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page once again and click on Code Set Mappings (Other).
5. Cycle through all of the available Code Sets in the Code Set: dropdown menu and ensure that a Downloaded State Code is chosen for as many of the values as possible. Don’t forget to submit after each group of code sets.
6. Navigate back to the System menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page yet again and click on Code Set Mappings.
7. As on the Code Set Mappings (Other) page, cycle through all of the available Code Sets in the Code Set: dropdown menu and ensure that a Downloaded State Code is chosen for as many of the values as possible. Don’t forget to submit after each group of code sets.
8. You should now be ready to begin publishing data. From the start page, click on MI DataHub in the left-hand navigation menu.
9. Run each category, starting from the descriptor download at the top and proceeding to the next row in the list after all errors and dependencies are resolved in the current row. At the start of the year, it is not recommended to use the Run All option as much of the data relies on the Organization Setup, Calendars, and Schedules having already been published.
MCIR for School Sites
NOVEMBER 1ST - IP 100/101 rate = 90%
FEBRUARY 1ST - IP 100/101 rate = 95%
Who to include?
- Report all kindergarteners
- Report all seventh graders
- Report all students new to the district (regardless of age or grade)
What reports do I run?
- IP 100/101
MCIR Help Desk 1-888-243-6652
Summary Of Sept. State Reporting Release for PSSP
WISD Training Opportunity ☕️
Zoom drop-in lab for State Reporting Technical Help
- September 26th from 12-1:30pm
- Join Zoom Meeting