By: Mariah Moshtagh and Mallory Bragg
Barcelona is on the east coast of Spain.
The 2 major rivers are River Llobregat in the southwest and River Besos to the Norteast of Spain.
- Barcelona was founded by Phoenicians and Carthaginians.
- The original name of Barcelona was Barcino
- During the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century the city began to gain importance.
- Was in the World's Fair in 1888.
Points of Interest
- The La Sagrada Familia church is a large Roman Catholic church in Barcelona designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi
- The Magic Fountain Show is a spectacular display of color, light, motion, music and water acrobats.
- Casa Batllo was one of Guadi's many masterpieces and has unique architecture and has a fiarytale like exterior.
- Barceloneta is the most popular beach closest to the city's center.
Cannellons-stuffed pasta tubes
Xuxos-pastries filled with custard or creams
Suquet de peix-potato fish soup
Spring: around 65 degrees rainy/warm
Summer: around 85 degrees hot and dry
Fall: around 75 degrees usually cool/rainy
Winter: around 55 degrees cooler and rainy/sunny