Rosebank STEAM Library News
October Library Events
Oct. 6 1:00-3:00 Reading Celebrations - Space parties for winning classrooms
Oct. 18 9:45 AM Mr. Andrew reads to Kindergarten
Oct. 20 4:00 pm After School Library (Harry Potter night)
Oct. 27 Fall Festival
Working a puzzle with friends is a great way to promote collaboration. Every time one person puts a piece, they feel that sense of accomplishment. When the group completes the puzzle, they all feel that victory!
Logic and Reasoning
Students must use their logic and reasoning skills by looking at a puzzle piece and deciding where it might fit. When they are correct, there's that dopamine kicking in!
Working with your friends, you may see that piece you've been looking for across the table. You must choose to either ask for the piece or communicate exactly how it might fight in with the others.
Logic and Reasoning
Library Schedule 2022-23
The basic process for Library is as follows:
- If you want your entire class to go to the library, that must be scheduled with me, with the expectation that the classroom teacher accompany the group. We can collaborate to have a lesson or activity so that there is no down time for your students.
- If you want to send groups of students, you may do so at any time of the day, but please do not send more than 4 in a group. This is because there are always others from different classrooms and grade levels in the library. Please wait until that group returns to your classroom before sending the next.
- Students must have their Clever card to use the self-checkout desk. If a student does not yet have a Clever card, please email me their name so that I can get their information in the next batch of data I pull.
- Students with multiple overdue books may be limited or not allowed to check out, depending on the number of books. It's a good rule of thumb that if a student does not have a book to return, they do not need to check out.
- Books requested from Limitless Libraries will be delivered to the classroom by Ms. Lopez or myself the day they are received. There is no need to send a student to check if their Limitless book has arrived.
Once your class has received their Clever cards, they may come to the Library whenever you wish to send them, up to 2:30. But, just so you know, I alternate weeks with Dr. Jones to provide Related Arts classes for the 4th and 5th grade students. That period of time is 8:30-9:30. If you need to send your students during that time, there is no issue, but just be aware that they will be sharing the Library with a class of either 4th or 5th grade.
Congratulations to the 1st Quarter Winning Classes!
Ms. Frye, Ms. Shearer, and Mr. C. Sesley have all encouraged their students in reading and logging their minutes in Beanstack. They have won a "Space Party" in the Library and a trip through the Vanderbilt Roadshow Planetarium. Pictures coming soon! But the bigger news is that as a school, Rosebank students logged 193,244 minutes! That's amazing!
There is a new challenge that begins 10/1 -- stay tuned for information about that after Fall Break!
- If you receive a new student, please notify me via email the student's name, 190#, and classroom. Once their information has downloaded into Clever and the needed apps such as Lexia and iReady, I will set up their device. If you tell me in the hall, I may remember, and I may not. Please email me so that we have a paperwork chain. - Thanks
- For new students, Clever cards take a bit longer.
*NEW BrainPop 101
The One and Only Ivan
After School Library
October 20 - Nashville Zoo Experience (2 presentations: 4:15 and 5:00)
November - 17 Mystery Reader
Please share with your students, and if you're around feel free to pop in yourself!
Enjoying a bit of reading after school
Students enjoyed a story from Connie Sharp and Alyssa Littrell, then completed a craft activity during after school library.
After School Bunch
Ready to work with your class! Let's talk about MackinVia, the digital platform MNPS uses to check out our digital collection.
If you don't know how to use BrainPop, there are links to several trainings - they count as MSAP hours!
What do you need? Let's talk!
Limitless Libraries Link
click here for a direct link to Limitless Libraries
Rosebank Interactive Library Page
Click here for a direct link to the Rosebank Interactive Library Page
Click here for a direct link to MackinVia, our digital library app