What is a D-Group?
A gender-specific closed group of 2-5 believers (including the leader) who meet together weekly to equip believers with the Word of God through accountable relationships empowered by the Holy Spirit in order to fulfill our church's vision:
Make Disciples of Jesus Christ who Make Disciples of Others
Types of Groups at Crossroads
So that you can understand better what a D-Group is,
let's define all the different kinds of groups that we have at Crossroads.
We have 4 different types of groups, each with a specific purpose.
Our goal is to involve every member of our church in our Worship Service,
in a Life Group, and eventually in a D-Group.
We also offer Bible Studies specifically for those who desire to understand
more about what the Bible teaches on a specific topic.
The unified body of Crossroads (members & visitors) meeting together weekly give Jesus our regular and corporate attention and worship through
1. Singing designed to give God our heartfelt expression of praise
2. Corporate Prayer
3. Hearing the Preaching of God's Word
4. The Ordinances of the Church:
- The Lord's Supper
5. Being Encouraged by the Testimonies of Others
6. Learning about the Missions' and Serving Opportunities available
“If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, We will have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ will purify us of all sin.” 1 John 1:7
A co-ed or gender-specific open group of 8-18 believers and non-believers who meet together weekly to:
1. Develop/Deepen Real Friendships
2. Love One Another
3. Be Accountable to Others
4. Encourage One Another
5. Pray for One Another
6. Hear and Understand God's Word
7. Grow Closer to God Together with Others
"Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always to the end of the age."
A Closed Group
Group size can be 2-5 (including the leader)
Expectation of Members
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord of my life each day
- Attend all group sessions unless providentially hindered
- Spend from 20 to 30 minutes a day (5 days per week) as needed to complete all assignments
- Have a daily quiet time
- Keep a Journal about the way God speaks to me and I speak to Him
- Be faithful to my church in attendance and stewardship
- Love and encourage each group member
- Share my faith with others
- Keep in confidence anything that others share in the group sessions
- Submit myself to others willingly in accountability
- Become a discipler of others as God gives opportunities
- Support my church financially by practicing Biblical giving
- Pray daily for group members
How to start a D-Group
already completed a D-Group at Crossroads before leading
- Pray about whom God would have you ask to be in your D-Group
- Approach those individuals and invite them into your D-Group
- Covenant with them to be committed and accountable to each other
- Invest your life into your D-Group participants for as long as it takes to help them become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Contact us by clicking the link below, to let us know you would like to start a D-Group