Learning Community Meeting
November 07, 2017
Parent Liaisons, Please RSVP to Meeting - Thank You!
Learning Community Meeting @ Dunwoody Springs ES
Tuesday, Nov. 7th, 10am-1pm
8100 Roberts Drive
Sandy Springs, GA
Thank you to Flor Mauricio-Santos for hosting our meeting.
- Please arrive at Dunwoody at 9:45 am to allow time to get situated in the Parent Resource Center.
- We will be starting the meeting promptly at 10 am to be respectful of our time and because I have a lot for us to do in this timeframe!
- Refreshments will be provided to fuel us through this meeting because we have a lot to accomplish and we will be powering through. Please RSVP so I know how much food to provide.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Items to Bring
Please Bring to Meeting:
- An example Flyer of Agenda from a Parent University Workshop.
Note: Proposed Agenda are listed below.
If you would like to add an item to the agenda or be a presenter,
please email Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
⁉️ What's going to be on the on the Agenda⁉️
1) Building Staff Capacity
- Deadline for completion by 11/17
- If you have done this already, please bring us a copy of your agenda and evaluation to share
2) Building Staff & Parent Capacity
- October is the perfect time to build Staff & Parent Capacity
- November is Family Engagement Month...Bring your ideas to engage our families!
3) Coordination & Integration
- We will discuss what this means and how it applies to your school
- We will brainstorm ways to make this on-going and set goals for our Learning Community
4) Rosetta Stone
- Setting Goals for our LC
- Sharing roll-out ideas
BUILDING STAFF CAPACITY RESOURCES
suggestions for building school staff capacity to partner with parents and family members
GADOE PowerPoint Presentation on Building Staff Capacity
NORTH LEARNING COMMUNITY MEMBERS & PD DISTRICT DATES
MAKE YOUR OWN WORD CLOUD
GADOE RESOURCES...JUST FOR YOU!!
- Click here to see the 2017 GADOE Parent Leaders
- Check back with GADOE in October to see if they have posted the application
- Start to think about a parent in your school who would make a good nomination for this award!
1. Visit the GADOE Family & Community Engagement page, by clicking here.
- Welcoming all Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families and the community are active participants in the life of the school and feel welcomed, valued, and connected to each other, to school staff, and to what students are learning and doing in school
- Communicating Effectively with Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families/community and school staff engage in regular, two-way, meaningful communication about student learning
- Supporting Student Success – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families and school staff continuously collaborate to support students’ learning and healthy development both at home and at school, and have regular opportunities to strengthen their knowledge and skills to do so effectively
- Empowering Families – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families are empowered to be advocates for their own and other children, to ensure that students are treated fairly and have access to learning opportunities that will support their success
- Sharing Leadership with Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families/the community and school staff are equal partners in decisions that affect children and families and together to inform, influence, and create policies, practices, and programs
- Collaborating with Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families and school staff collaborate with community members to connect students, families, and staff to expanded learning opportunities, community services, and civic participation
2. Bookmark the GADOE Events and Conferences page, click here.
- The Statewide Instructional Leadership Conference will be held on October 16-18, 2017 at the Macon Centreplex.
- If you are planning to go the conference, you will want to stay on top of this page.
3. Bookmark the GADOE Family-School Partnership Program page, click here. This page contains the resources you will need as a Parent Liaison. Here are the links to the other pages you can access from this page: